Episode 11

Simmy hung up the phone. These were her last moments on her honeymoon. Somehow they were heading back in a few hours. Simmy decided that if she was heading back to reality she would do so with glitz and glam. She had just made plans with Parveen to host an impromptu party which was to be held in two days' time. It was such short notice but she also felt her girls needed a fun occasion all together. She had barely seen anyone since her honeymoon and felt out of the loop. She had no idea what was happening in anyone's lives. Partially her fault she thought. She had kept her phone off for the duration of their time here. It's not like she had any desire to do anything else anyway. She was perfectly content spending every waking and sleeping moment with Mohit.

Simmy sighed, if she was planning a party she would need help. Just as she began to dial Rupa she heard Mohit answering the door and inviting someone in. She couldn't make out what they were saying.

Rupa picked up the phone and Simmy became engrossed in conversation about the party and honeymoon details. She forgot all about the guest in their suite until she heard raised voices. The voices were getting louder and she heard a bang like someone slapping the table or something along those lines. Even Rupa questioned the commotion as she could hear it on the other end of the line.

"Who's that I hear arguing with Mohit? An ex lover?" Rupa teased.

Simmy laughed but she was concerned. "I don't think so- actually I'm not sure who is with him. Let me check." Keeping Rupa on the phone she went to the dining area. "As if you didn't know. It's just Comet."

"What's going on guys?" Simmy asked, surprised that Comet was here. Rupa tried to listen closely but instead heard the static building on the line.

"Wwwhat is he doing there?" Rupa asked shakily. There was silence. "Simmy? Hello?"

It was no use. Their call had disconnected . She tried calling and texting Simmy back but no response.
She even tried calling and texting Mohit and Comet but their calls went straight to voicemail and her messages didn't go through.

Rupa was worried. This was not looking good. She knew they were heading back. What were the police going to do if she called them? Had she really heard that Comet was there or was it the static? Rupa started questioning everything she heard as she went through their conversion again in her mind.

———
Shallu was scarfing down her lunch when she received a text from Hafiza. Shallu was starving. She had skipped breakfast as usual and had a busy morning. She hadn't even had her morning caffeine fix. She knew she had missed an important client meeting and that she would be reprimanded for doing so. The client was one of the firms oldest and wealthiest, but Shallu had no choice. She knew the instant she tried to reschedule with them they would complain to the firm about her. They were used to getting services when and how they wanted them.

She was sure Felix would put a notation in her file about this. She had no choice! It was an emergency. She had to represent Nimmy at her bail hearing and get her out. She knew it would be an uphill battle as Officer Prem made it very clear to her that he saw Nimmy as a threat at large. He claimed not to know the extent of her ties to Comet and his network. Luckily she was able to show the court otherwise and Nimmy was released with Rupa acting as her surety.

Nimmy was silent on the drive to Shallu's. They had all agreed to stay together there knowing that they would be too anxious to stay alone. There was too much going on and they needed to be in constant contact to ensure they were all safe. On the way Rupa told them about her suspicion that Comet is with Simmy and Mohit on their honeymoon but indicated that she was not one hundred percent sure.

A B-town Soap OperaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara