Zone Two : Where Are You Now?

Hidden under the sheets, with a voice recorder in his hand, Michael was thinking of a new song. He wanted to create something innovatory. Something that would shake up the charts. As much as he tried, he could never stop the thoughts from invading his mind.

"A love song perhaps..." he whispered to himself. Pushing the white sheets away from his face, he frowned and ran his long fingers through his curly black hair. Dressed in his favorite pajamas, he started chewing on his lower lip, making an effort to think of a catchy chorus.

But love songs were impossible to write. The rhymes were gone. He had no inspiration. "Why's it so hard?" he thought. "Something's missing..." His parents' house in Indiana was quiet. Nothing worse could happen.

He dropped his voice recorder on the floor and stood up quickly. He covered his face with his hands and sighed deeply. The messy curls covered his face. "I can't do this anymore...I need someone."

Finally, it hit him. "I need a muse. Someone. I long for someone to love me." It was truth time. He faced the cold facts. It sure wasn't pretty, but it motivated him. Michael stopped covering his face and smiled shyly. "Where's the lady in my life when I need her?"

He giggled to himself, revealing his porcelain white teeth. How silly! He could actually relate to his own songs. He rested his back against a cold wall and closed his doe eyes. Michael could see her. Kissing him. Hugging him. Smiling at him, making him feel like a man.

"I wanna call someone. I wanna tell someone how I feel. I can't keep it all in." he murmured. His hand immediately grabbed the phone. Dialing a number, he patiently waited, withhis back still against the wall, for someone to pick up. "Guess I don't have any luck. I'll just leave a voice message." Yawning, he kept his eyes closed and waited for the beep. "Hey. It's Michael. Liz, please call me tomorrow. I need to get some things off my chest...Please." he begged in a calm, soothing voice.

Putting the phone down, he moved his body to the bed and fell asleep, still fantasizing about his dream girl. The Universe finally started moving its wheels. A love in progress.