Zone Eleven : Down On The West Coast

Time is nothing but an illusion. A tool that we use against ourselves. We shut down so many chances and opportunities because of time. During our presence on this Earth, we feel chased by an unknown force. This magnetic power makes us feel pressured. It makes us older with each second. We're always in a hurry. Too busy to pay attention to our feelings. We put material wealth above emotional security. And in this desperate search for recognition and success we fail to realize that ultimately, we were looking for love. The purest kind of love that, ironically, was inside our heart the whole time.

The need for protection was overwhelming for Reese. It wasn't the first time she was going through this. It was more of an emotional crisis that took over her body, mind and spirit. She was fortunate enough to have Michael in that moment. His shiny, sparkly eyes reminded her of a child. His hands cupped Reese's face. In that moment he could feel it inside his soul. He was there for a reason - to protect her. It was his mission to take this girl he barely knew out of that place and take her with him.

"We should go now. I am not going to leave you. Ever." The way he chose to pronounce those words sounded more like an oath. He meant it. Reese could sense his love. He emanated sincerity through each pore. "I should pack a few things...Where are we going?" She was confused but in a good way. This sense of adventure took over her. She was going to spend some time away from all the craziness with a man she truly cared for.

"Los Angeles. I already talked to Will, my driver. We should get there pretty fast. I am so happy that I'll be with you there. My producer puts so much pressure on me..." They began to walk toward the elevator. Michael caressed her cheek with his thumb. She gave him a shy look. "I am here for you. We'll get through this." , she replied. His mind was racing. He felt a huge pressure on his chest that kept him from breathing normally. Being a huge celebrity was exhausting, especially for such a sensitive person like him.

"I'll wait for you right here." he said as the elevator finally arrived. Reese nodded while pushing the 10th button. They looked in each other's eyes as the elevator doors closed. A small smile appeared on Michael's lips. He knew that she would get him out of this misery. Reese ran to her suite. Unlocking the door, she grabbed a suitcase and stuffed inside it a few clothes, a tooth brush, a hair comb, the perfume she wore at the party and two pairs of shoes. She didn't even have enough time to look into the mirror. What will her employees think if she chose to run away like that?

Her mind was restless. Sometimes, people are forced to take quick decisions and trust their gut. That's what she had to do. It was time for her to be unapologetic. Running to the elevator, she pushed the button and leaned against a mirror. The sound of the elevator was giving her a headache. In that moment, she wanted to sleep in Michael's arms. She needed to disconnect.

Michael's faith was soon restored when he saw her carrying the heavy suitcase. "Let me help you, Reese." he said, grabbing it from her hand and giving her a mischievous look at the same time. Reese covered her face. "Don't look at me like that. I look like a mess..." He shook his head. "You're perfect to me." Her heart was pounding. His words were like honey poured over her aching soul.

As they left the hotel, Will, a tall black man greeted them. Michael's trustworthy driver. Reese could see his shiny white teeth from a mile. "Mister Jackson! Pass that suitcase!" Will grabbed the suitcase and put in the trunk of the Rolls Royce. "Good to see you, Will!" Michael was relieved to see him. Reese got inside the black car and waited for him to join her. Throwing himself next to her, Michael shut the car door and gave Will a nod. They were ready to leave.