Zone Seven : Venus As A Boy

The red walls inside the Bellagio gave the halls a nice, warm feeling. The chandelier light was flickering. It was a serene July night. Most of the hotel's guests were downstairs, playing, drinking and cussing while playing poker. The 10th floor was the exact opposite. Only two silhouettes could be seen walking down the empty hall.

"Can I see your suite first?" Michael couldn't believe his own words. What was he thinking? What will she think about him? He only hoped that things weren't being rushed. It was the last thing he wanted to do. Reese touched a white door with her fingers. Facing the door, she let out a small laugh, trying to decide if it was a good idea to let this beautiful stranger inside her suite.

Michael, sitting right beside her, gave her one of his trademark shy smiles and took off his black fedora. His curly, ebony hair covered his eyes. "Come on in." she said confidently. The white door opened slowly and soundlessly. Looking behind her shoulder, Reese saw his reaction and giggled playfully.

As they both entered the large room, she turned on the night-time, dim lights. Two beige lamps decorated with golden details lit up immediately, helping them see what they were stepping on. Michael was overwhelmed by the attention to detail. His eyes looked down at the marble floor. He realized that the two lamps were placed on the sides of a huge California King Bed covered with silk blankets. "Wow. Did you decorate this, Reese?" he asked.

Reese waited for the childlike man to enter the suite. "I did have a few preferences when it came to...the view." She closed the door behind him and grabbed his shoulders, trying to make him move toward the immense windows that were on the left side of the bed. His smile turned to a full grin when he saw the height of the windows. They were as tall as the walls. An exquisite view of the nocturne Las Vegas was waiting for them. Reese bit her lip watching his reactions.

He was so happy to be there. But most importantly, he was happy to be there with her. From the way she walked, talked, to the way she chose the most breathtaking suite in the entire hotel. Who was this girl? And what did she do to seduce him so smoothly? There were too many questions inside his head. Michael decided to go with the flow.

Reese realized that his black fedora was missing. Snatching it from behind his back, she placed it on her head and leaned against the huge window. Michael looked at her coyly. The way she looked with his fedora in turned him on. But he had to behave himself. "You look good with that on." Michael's white, perfect teeth were showing once again. He couldn't help it.

His compliments made Reese feel giddy. "Oh, Michael. Let's go on the balcony. I desperately need a cigarette." Michael's eyes widened. Cigarettes? Damn, how many things were there to learn about this girl? She never failed to surprise him. "Damn, girl. Smoking's not good for your health. You know that, right?" The way he called her "girl" made Reese laugh. She wasn't used to that. "Fine..."

Opening the glass door, her hair began waving. The summer wind made her close her eyes and inhale the crispy air deeply. Michael sneaked behind her and grabbed her waist. Looking at the amazing view, he opened his arms widely, like he was trying to hug the starry sky. Reese found that quite familiar. He used to do that in his concerts. It was still surreal that the world's biggest superstar was next to her. And that the taste of his minty breath still lingered on her lips.

She rested her elbows on the balcony frame and looked down. At first, Michael felt a little dizzy. He wasn't scared of heights, not at all. It certainly was a mix of tiredness and excitement. "I could die here. It's so pretty." she whispered. Her lips curled into a small smile, noticing the way he stared at her. He was looking deep into her soul. Michael opened his lips, getting ready to say something in return.

"I don't wanna ever die. I wanna live forever if I can." She stopped looking at him for a moment. The stars overhead made her gasp. Pointing with her index finger at the shiny stars, she shrugged at what Michael just said. "That doesn't sound fun. Wouldn't you get bored of getting up every single morning?" Michael looked up at the full moon and sparkling stars. It was a perfect night. Even the weather agreed.

"Not if I'd wake up next to..." he gulped down nervously, choosing to look at the stars. "...a wonderful, loving person. Every single morning." Reese tilted her head, gazing at him. He looked like a God. In that very moment, she could see how beautiful he was. His curls falling perfectly on his thick eyebrows, his masculine jaw, his thin lips. Michael looked at her. In that exact moment, Reese's heartbeat was out of control. Those dark brown eyes were reminding her of a doe. They were so soulful. Prettier than any star in the sky.

"I am sure you will, Michael." she said, fully aware of the fact that her reply came later than expected. He could read between the lines. Michael always thought that happiness was an elusive thing, something that slipped away really fast and was very hard to achieve, but that wasn't the case with her. It was like God himself sent him to this party, right into the arms of this young woman.

Wrapping her fingers around the curls at the back of his neck, Reese approached him carefully. She wasn't reluctant at all. Finally closing the remaining space between the both of them, their hearts became tranquil. His palms covered her back. They started swaying and dancing to a melody that only they could hear.

Michael's nose touched the skin on her neck, inhaling once again that refreshing scent. "You're divine, Reese." His breath hit her neck, his words made her shiver. "Don't go." That's all she could say in that moment. She felt protected and safe. Nothing bad could happen. She was free, with a man that only the heavens above could have sent.

"I'll never leave. I promise." His heartbeat was audible. So was hers. Their hands intertwined. Leaving the balcony and closing the glass door, their tired bodies fell on the soft mattress. Michael pulled her body closer to his. His eyes closed softly. She buried her face against his neck and inhaled once again that intoxicating perfume of his. Was she dead? Because this felt too good to be the real world. It had to be heaven.