Zone Six : Heroin Baby

The way he grabbed her hand and pulled her next to him sent several shivers down her spine. Her eyes studied his face, trying to predict his next move. Their bodies touched in the blink of an eye. Michael was slightly taller than her, but that failed to intimidate her.

His words made her excitement and state of bliss fade away in a matter of seconds. It was the way he said it that boggled her. It felt like he didn't want to go. She was beyond confused. "Well...Do you wanna go? I mean....You just arrived." Her eyes were wide open. A little spark of hope made her heart beat with the same intensity.

Michael was still holding her wrist softly. He could care less if the other people were looking at them. He began to chew on his lower lip, trying to think of what to do. She was right, it had been a long time since he last went on a trip like this. It became like some sort of boring mantra for him : wake up, go to the studio, go to sleep. He had to break that routine. After all, he was human.

He smiled confidently and let his hand fall from her wrist to her fingers. "I'm staying. I'm tired of working like a dog all day long. I deserve a break, right?" Reese was finally calm. She already was like a junkie. He was the drug that she was on the verge of losing. But with his last words came her next dose.

"Right. I'll talk to my assistant so you can have a room in the hotel." Michael nodded and caressed her hand with his thumb. It seemed like each touch was carefully chosen, just to tease her. Her long, red nails softly scratched the surface of his long fingers. Michael could feel his jaw clench almost immediately. Seeing his reaction, Reese took her hand back and walked towards her assistant.

She could feel him look at her. Whispering to her assistant about Michael's room, the middle-aged woman nodded diplomatically and assured Reese that she could now wave goodbye to all her guests, in case she was too tired to continue the party. And so she did. Hugging each guest, she thanked everybody for joining her and finally watched all the dizzy businessmen walk away to their suites.

Michael was exactly where she left him. She could tell from the way he was fidgeting that he was very anxious. "Your suite should be ready by now. 10th floor." Michael parted his lips and gulped down nervously. "Thank you....Are you staying at the hotel too?" Reese could tell that he wanted to spend the night with her. Her assistant was closing the lights in the store.

"My suite is on the same floor as yours, Michael." He giggled and slowly started walking out of the store. Reese joined him. They walked past the casinos and waited for the elevator. Stopping right in front of it, Michael saw how bloodshot her eyes were. She was literally exhausted.

"I am very happy that I came to this party. I rarely come to such events..." he uttered as they both entered the empty elevator. Reese raised her eyebrows and looked down, visibly flattered by his compliment. "I would've never thought that Michael Jackson would come to my event." she said, clicking the 10th button.

Michael waited for the elevator doors to shut. He faced her and looked softly through his curls at the beautiful girl in front of him. "Call me Michael." Reese grabbed his hand and rested her back against a huge mirror behind her. The elevator was quite slow, but she didn't mind it at all.

His cheeks were visibly red. He had no idea of how to conceal his emotions. He was vulnerable. Moving near her, he let his forehead touch hers. Reese squeezed his hand almost unconsciously. She never felt that high in her life. His warm, minty breath hit her lips. Her eyes were fixed on his. There was no turning back from this.

The elevator arrived at the 10th floor. Their lips clashed. It was perfect. Their mouths longed for each other. They were just like two lost lovers that finally found each other. Michael kissed her passionately, forgetting to breathe normally at times. Reese kept her eyes shut tightly. He was simply intoxicating. Worse than any type of drug.

When they finally ran out of breath, their mouths parted. Their tired eyes opened and gazed at each other. They smiled at each other. Life was beautiful in that moment. Their heart were beating in unison. No need for words. Their hands joined as they got off the elevator and walked on the long hall of the 10th floor.