Zone Nine : Light Me Up

Clothes covered the marble floor. Stepping gracefully into the jacuzzi, Reese turned on the hot water and allowed herself to have a moment of silence. Of clarity. She desperately needed to get in touch with herself, with her soul. So many things were going on at a fast pace that she simply couldn't tell reality from dream. It was mind-boggling for her to fall in love so rapidly.

But was this true love or just lust? Her mind was silent, but her heart screamed. Just the thought of him sitting on the floor, probably gazing at the beautiful scenery that could be seen from her bedroom with those puppy eyes. He made her feel electric. Ecstatic. Out of control.

She let herself fall inside the jacuzzi tub. Water was falling on her face, making her makeup disappear gradually. The thought of his hand roaming her legs made her shiver. She was willing to do anything for him. He was her God. Even though she had trouble with accepting the presence of a God in general.

--

Michael got up. He was beyond curious. He wasn't going to go through her stuff. Obviously, that was rude and not characteristic of him. Looking at the bedside table, he noticed a packet of cigarettes. Why would she smoke? Only God knows. Under the table there was a notebook full of cut papers.

Should he look inside? Nope. Not a good idea. His thick eyebrows raised immediately as he finally figured out what those papers were for. He could see a title and a few...Hold on! Where those lyrics? Yes. He was in shock. The musician in him was beyond intrigued.

Or was she a poet? Heaven knows. Getting on his knees, he decided if it was a good idea to take a look. Just one page. "She wouldn't mind...right?" he mumbled as silently as he could. Michael's heart began thumping. He was scared of getting caught. Snatching one small piece of paper, he squinted his eyes and looked behind his shoulder quickly.

The title on the piece of paper was "Kill Kill". Strange. Her elegant signature right next to it. Michael's eyes moved down, trying to read the lines as quickly as possible. His mouth opened in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he was reading.

"Bound up the stairs

I'm in the shower

Do you know I am going to leave you?

To leave you?

I'm in love with a dying man

All our love's flying in the sand

I'm in love with a dying man

I have done everything I can"

Was this some kind of twisted joke? Michael didn't know how to react. From a musical point of view, the song definitely would've had potential. But the lyrics were bizarrely relatable. The water from the bathroom stopped. His heart almost skipped a beat. Putting the paper back carefully, he got up and looked out the windows.

--

With her hair wet and a silk robe around her naked body, she got out of the hot bathroom and came back to her bedroom. Michael was looking very troubled. At least that's how she saw him from that angle. She decided not to disturb him and silently opened the closet, trying to look for comfortable clothes.

He turned his head and stared at her. He needed to get closer and smell her freshly bathed skin. Just the thought of her body made his feet move unconsciously towards her. Grabbing a pair of black jeans and a comfortable white shirt, Reese turned around to face him.

Michael touched her hand shyly. His expressive eyes were looking deep into her eyes. She didn't dare to look away. Searching the pocket of her silk robe, she grabbed a slim cigarette and a matchbox. Passing him the matchbox, she placed the "cancer stick" ,as she liked to call it, between her lips. "Gimme a light, please."

His mind wasn't functioning properly in that moment. He did as he was told, without thinking. Approaching the fire to the tip of the cigarette, he threw it out the window and grabbed her waist provocatively. Inhaling the smoke, she let out a soft hum that made Michael feel tingly. The smoke came out of her mouth slowly and seductively. He felt like he was in a deep trance.

Reese took the cigarette out of her mouth and placed it between Michael's lips, curious to see his reaction. At first, he frowned, but as soon as he inhaled deeply the toxic smoke, he felt some sort of inexplicable elation. She was corrupting him. He would've done anything with her. Damn, he could've even jumped off the tallest building in Las Vegas while looking into those gorgeous green eyes.

"Michael..." she whispered slowly. "I wanna take you on a little trip. Do you wanna join me?" Passing the cigarette back to her, he nodded. Why would she even have to ask? Taking a drag from her cigarette, she grinned mischievously. He did the same. He loved the excitement.

"I wanna go with you. Anywhere." he replied in his sweet, melodious voice. She felt like a 16 year old with him. He had an intoxicating innocence combined with an extreme sexual aura. She could sense it even when she saw him on TV, in his concerts. But being this close to him, it was simply overwhelming to her senses.

"We're going down the west coast. Are you ready?" she asked.