Zone Four : Midnight Ride

Michael was inside his black Rolls Royce. He kept his aviator sunglasses in his pocket, just in case. He always liked to wear them. They made him feel somehow protected from the camera lights. He was wearing his signature CTE red shirt, black trousers that surprisingly did cover his ankles and a pair of classic loafers. He wasn't exactly ready for this party. Thoughts roamed his head, he was worried that the paparazzi will create an ambush. Taking a long, deep breath in, he tried to soothe himself. "Liz will be there. It'll be fine."

The driver entered the car and smiled broadly. "Sir, shall we go now?" His white teeth were shining brightly. "Sure. I think it's time..." he said, fidgeting. Checking his watch, he raised his eyebrows. 7 PM. The party was going to start at 10 PM. He had to be there on time. He was never late.

----

Reese drove her Lamborghini dangerously fast. Her heart was racing, her hands held the steering wheel while Madonna's "Burning Up" played on the radio. Her eyes quickly fixed on the rear-view mirror, trying to see if any other car was behind her. To her surprise, the road was almost empty.

The party was going to take place at the Bellagio Hotel, one of the most luxurious places in Las Vegas. The new store was located inside the famous hotel, near to the casinos. It was the perfect venue. Reese never settled for second best. She was a trendsetter and managed to create her own lane while managing to stay humble and not let the good life get to her head.

Most people that reached this type of success were always arrogant. Whenever they met Reese, they always had bewildered expressions across their faces. They simply couldn't comprehend why she insisted on being so down to earth.

The sports car stopped. She was finally inside the Bellagio hotel at the parking basement. The paparazzi had no chance of harassing the elite guests thanks to this separate entrance. Getting out of the red car, she waved at the valet and quickly gave him the keys and a little tip.

The sound of her stilettos filled the large basement. Clicking on the elevator button, she waited patiently. Her heart gradually began racing. It was 9:30 PM. The guests were on their way. The party was about to start.

---

Michael could see the gigantic hotel. "Will, do you think that we could take a different route, so that the paps won't be able to take pictures of me?" His driver looked into the rear mirror and laughed. "I thought I told you, Mr. Jackson! Miss Taylor made it clear that the owner of the shop made it easier for the celebs to get into the hotel. We'll go to the parking basement. Those thirsty paparazzi will get no pictures tonight, sir!"

With that said, Michael's mouth opened in awe. He couldn't believe it. He was literally ecstatic. This shop owner was probably a genius. He had to thank him. Or her? He honestly had no idea.

--

The party had begun. Business men and women, entrepreneurs, actors, singers, film directors. They all knew Reese, they all loved her. When she entered the store, everybody started whistling, cheering, clapping. It was a dream come true. She smiled shyly and covered her face in an awkward manner. "Damn." she whispered to herself. There were too many people in the store. She saw Madonna in the corner, and... hold on. Is that Elizabeth Taylor? Hell yes!

Elizabeth's gorgeous violet eyes started sparkling. "Oh, sweet Jesus! Reese honey, you look absolutely incredible!" She approached Reese and hugged her tightly. They knew each other for almost three years. The compliment she received made her smile. Her green eyes lit up immediately. "Beautiful, beautiful Liz. Look at you! You look like a porcelain doll!" Liz couldn't help but laugh. She was used to all sorts of bizarre compliments.

"Thank you honey! Congratulations on the new store! I was just checking out this perfume...It's one of my favorites!" Elizabeth quickly picked up from a glass shelf the black bottle. It was Fracas. Reese smiled smugly, getting ready to talk about the history of the perfume. "Fracas by Robert Piguet, created in 1948. White flower paradise!"

Elizabeth laughed loudly, making the other guests look at her and smile awkwardly. There was something grand about her that made everybody turn their heads and stare in pure awe at her. "Exactly. By the way, I have a date tonight!" she said, grinning. Reese raised her eyebrow and decided to act curious. "Really? And who is it?"

Michael entered the room discretely. Eyeing Liz, he quickly walked close to her and grabbed her shoulders in a playful way that was so characteristic of him. "Boo! Did I scare you?" Liz quickly turned around and giggled. "Michael! You silly thing! I looked for you everywhere!" Reese was literally in shock. The business woman inside of her kept her from screaming. She had to act like a pro. She couldn't believe her eyes! Was that Michael Jackson? Thriller Michael Jackson? Jackson 5 Michael Jackson? Jesus Christ!

"Michael, dear, this is Reese, the store's owner and, of course, the reason why we're at this party tonight!" Michael gazed at Reese in a bemused manner. His heart began racing, his pulse was ridiculously quick. He could feel his neck throbbing. She was drop-dead gorgeous! Those beautiful, long hands, the silky hair, the full lips, and damn, those legs! Everybody knew Michael was a qualified leg man.

"Hey. I'm Michael." he said, extending his hand.