Chapter 4

A/N: From this chapter to the last chapter, there will be spoilers for the show Fear The Walking Dead.
The ride is quiet, with an uncomfortable, awkward silence. Daisy is in the passenger seat with Amy on her lap as she continues to stare out her window at the view outside. Troy glances at her and quickly looks away when he sees her head turning.

"So where are you two from?" Troy speaks up, trying to break the silence. Daisy looks at him but still doesn't answer his question and turns away. "Oh, come on. The road is still long, might as well get to know each other a bit." He speaks again.

"LA." She responds to him without looking at him. "And what about you, little one?" He asks Amy. "I'm also from LA" Amy says as she turns to face him. "I always meant to ask, just out of curiosity, what happened to your eye?" Daisy turns her head to face him and asks. "Oh, this? Ah, that's a long story. I'll tell you another time." Troy touches his right eye and responds to her. "As you said, the road is still long." She speaks with sarcasm. "Ok, I'll tell you" He chuckles.

"I found this family one day at the Mexico border. There is a mother named Madison, a man named Travis, and a daughter named Alicia. They were trying to find Madison's oldest son, Nick. I did something terrible at the border and they knew all about it. They thought I was going to do the same thing to them. And the day after that, when I came to talk to Madison and Alicia, Madison used a teaspoon and pushed it under my eye and threatened to take my eyeball out." He chuckles as he tells her, his gaze fixed on the road.

Daisy doesn't know what to say to Troy, so she stays silent and turns back to look at the view outside her window. The car ride returns to silence but this time it's a comforting silence. 

After a while, they finally reach the ranch. Troy's dad walks up to greet him. "Hey, son." "Hey, dad."  And he turns to Daisy and Amy. "Hello and welcome to Broke Jaw ranch. So what's your name and where are you from?" "My name is Daisy and this is Amy, we are both from LA." 

"LA, heh? You must be tired. Then let Troy take you two to your cabin."

Troy starts to lead them to the cabin that they will stay in the next few days. "Ok, this is the place. If you need anything, my cabin is across from yours. So I will let you guys settled down. I'll see you later." And with that, he leaves their cabin.

A/n: Hi loves, it's me again 🤭. Ok, so this is chapter 4. I'm so sorry for late update. I just lack of motivation and inspiration. But I think I should write and finish this chapter so enjoy and feel free to leave a comments and vote. I really appreciate it if you do. I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye.