Chapter 10

A/N: Hi, it's me again. And here is the new chapter. Also I wanna thank Miss_Celestia13 for her help when I got stuck and have no ideas for this chapter.

The next morning, we all finally make it back to the ranch. There are a few groans and grunts between us, slowly walking towards the ranch. The gate starts opening and a lot of people begin to running towards us. I almost collapse to the ground before Amy starts throwing herself at me in a hug, holding me tightly, refuses to let go. I chuckle softly and hug her back, using all the strength left inside me to lift her up and carry her in my arms while other people rushing over to their loved ones, giving them water.

"Why are you always leaving me alone when I was asleep?" Amy says while burying her face in my neck. A feeling of guilty starts washing over me as I close my eyes and take a deep breath before answering her.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I won't leave you again. I swear. I promise." I say softly, and all I get from her is a soft nod, then I gently put her down, slowly sit down on the ground, leaning against Amy.

"What the hell happened?" Jeremiah suddenly asks. Troy begins to answer his dad in a whisper, "We should talk private."

"Talk private? Did I hear you right?" Mike's dad, Vernon, asks frustratingly while supporting his son. 

But Jeremiah doesn't answer Vernon as he starts telling people to get inside to get debrief. Vernon doesn't budge as he demands to know what happened.

"Like hell, Jeremiah. We all got a right to hear what went down." Vernon requires.

"You're out of line, Vern." Jeremiah replies.

"We got a right to know what happened. We need to know how to defend ourselves. We gotta know..." Vernon responds back and Mike starts cutting his dad's words.

"They were Indians. They slaughtered them."

"All right. All right." Troy says,

"They slaughtered all of them."

"We made it home, huh? It's nothing we can't handle."

"They're dead. They're all dead."

"Mike, lock your shit down. Lock it down." Troy whispers softly.

"They're dead. And we're gonna die, too, if we don't leave!" Mike continues.

Not wanting to hear the conversation anymore. I ask Amy to help me walk, she nods, helping me stand up, then walk towards the ranch and into our trailer. I let myself plop down to the bed with a soft groan, exhaustingly, while my feet keeps bleeding from walking without shoes, gulping down the water that Amy brought me, giving a short nod as thank you and watching her takes care of my feet.

After a few hours, I woke up from a small nap, and decided to put on my other set of boots over the bandages, limping slowly outside the trailer. My eyes starts drifting over to his cabin, then begin to walk over there, gently knock on the door, waiting for him to opens.

"Hey." I say with a soft smile after seeing him opens the door.

"What are you doing here, princess?" Troy replies with his signature smirk. 

"Don't call me that again. I just wanna check to see you're okay." I chuckle softly after rolling my eyes playfully.

"Eh, I'm okay. How about you?" He says with a small shrug of the shoulder.

"Not that terrible but I'll live." I say with a soft smile, then look down to see the his feet all bloody, and begin to feel a bit concerned, "Are you sure you're okay? Can I come inside?"

He nods softly, then start opening the door a bit wider, letting me in while reassuring me that he's fine.

"I can see the blood dripping on the floor. I don't think you're fine. Sit down. I'll clean it up for you. It won't take long." I order gently.

With a little sigh, he settles into one of the living room's chairs. I give him a gentle smile, move to sit in the chair in front of him, and carefully remove his socks while attempting not to hurt him. I begin to get up and limp a little toward the bathroom to retrieve the washbasin, clean cloth, and first aid box before going back to him. After that, start using the cloth to clean away the dried blood, leaning a bit closer to him to also clean all the dirts and sweats on his face gently, putting the scar cream onto the scar under his right eye, and wrapping the bandages around his feet, he lets out a couple winces. Troy couldn't help but blushing a little as he sees me look into his sapphire blue eyes, then lean his head into the touch subconsciously while I gently clean his face, and put the cloth back into the washbasin. He starts reaching out to me and hold my wrist gently before pulling me against him, wrapping his arms around my middle, buries his face in my torso, mumbling a small thank you. I smile softly, then gently caressing his hair. He lets out a small content sigh and starts relax his body when I start caressing his hair, tighten his grip on me.

"You're welcome." I whisper softly while still cradling his head softly in my hands before suddenly there's a shout from outside.

"Fire! Fire! We got fire! What's happening? Everybody out! No, they're everywhere! They're all over the place!" 

I start looking out of the window and see a few small fires spreading around the ranch. Then gently pull away from him, before walking out of his cabin and rush over to my trailer to check on Amy. I let out a small sigh of relief when I see her still sleeping peacefully on her bed. I walk over to her and slowly sit down, gently brushing a small stray of hair away from her face before laying down, wrapping my arms around her, protectively and slowly drift off to sleep as well.

A/n: The ending sounds a bit awkward and the chapter is a bit short but anyway, enjoy. And don't forget to vote and comments if you like the chapter. See you next time, my loves. Bye.