Chapter 8

I slept the entire trip, only to be startled awake by the sound of someone softly tapping on my window. I roll down the window after raising my head to look around and noticing him standing outside. "Hey, sleepyhead. Wake up, we're here." Troy says with a small grin, then opens my door and helps me down. "Where are we?" Holding my hand up to shield my eyes from the sunlight, I say in a sleepy voice. Then he taps gently on my shoulder and points to the prison bus, which is packed with inmates, all of whom are Walkers. I sigh softly and begin pulling my gun out and about to load it, but he places his hand on mine to lower my gun, and when I look up at him in confusion, he replies, "Oh, no, no, no. No guns. It's too much noise. Not enough sport." then he hands me and Madison a mattock and says with a small smirk, "It's a good weapon." then walk away.

Then we begin to make our way down the hill toward the prison bus. When the Walkers hear us, they turn around and prepare to attack. Troy spins his machete before softly grunting and slicing his machete through the air above his head before landing on his victim. Then one of them places a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around, and I begin to push it away from me. Then I hit it with the back of my own mattock and stabbed it in the head before another one grabbed me. I pin the Walker to the vehicle nearby and stab it on the side of its neck, but not enough to kill the creature as it pulls me down to the ground and makes an attempt to bite me. I put my arms in front of me, trying to push it away when my mattock is stuck in its neck, then suddenly blood started to splash all over my face as the creature that was on top of me was dead. I push it away to see Troy standing, towering over me, smirking slightly, and holding his hand out to help me up. I push his hand away, then stand up, "I can handle it myself, you know?" I grumble softly. "Didn't seem like it." he responds. I roll my eyes, then continue to kill the rest of the Walkers. After a few seconds, all of them were dead. I lean my back against one of the cars, panting softly, then wipe the blood off my face. As I catch my breath, I take a moment to survey the chaotic scene around me, dead bodies and blood everywhere, while waiting for the adrenaline to come off.

"Oh, it's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing. Who timed that?" Troy asks his men after letting out a small sigh.

"It was just under a minute." One of his men answers.

"Eh, it's good work. Short work." He says, then turns over to me and asks, "Daisy, are you okay?" I give him a thumbs up while still catching my breath. Then we continue to walk towards another area. "What the hell?" Blake exclaims. "Are you sure it was here?" Coop inquires. "It was clearly here, knucklehead." Troy replies. "Somebody hauled it away." Madison decides to speak up. "Hauled it where?" One of Troy's men asks her. ".223. There was a gun fight." One of them reports after picking the shell of the bullet up from the ground. "This is bad, man. This is... this is bad." Mikey exclaims in fear. "Keep it together, Mikey." Troy orders. 

"What was Phil firing?" One of them asks.

"He was fond of his AR."

".223 caliber."

"Yeah. Yeah, Phil engaged someone and then obviously retreated back up to the outpost. We need to go right now. I'm gonna go after whoever shot them down and whoever killed Charlie."

"And Travis." Madison responds, then pushes everyone back and walks in front of us, and we start to follow her. I walk behind Troy after letting out a soft sigh. We enter the car in the same position, with Troy in the driver seat, Madison in the passenger seat, and me in the back seat. He starts the car, and heavy metal music begins to play on the radio. I roll my eyes slightly, then turn my head to look out the window at the passing scene.

"You ready for what comes next? It's gonna be living, not dead." Troy speaks up, then turns the volume of the radio down a little while waiting for Madison to answer. "Whoa, you're gonna need more fight in you than that." He adds, after Madison didn't say anything. 

"I'll have fight. Don't worry." Madison finally answers him.

"You sure?"

"Seeing where it happened was harder than I thought."

"Oh, you need to let that go. There's no room for grief."

"If it was your father, you wouldn't mourn him?"

"Big Otto is immortal." Troy answers with a small grin.

"And you didn't grieve for your mother?"

"Nah, if someone is dead, they're dead, you know? There's no point dwelling. All you can do is take out the assholes who did you wrong." He responds after a few seconds of hesitation.

"Eye for an eye."

"Ah, a tooth for a tooth, amen." He replies with a grin at her

"It's just a game to you."

"No, it's not a game. It's my calling." He says and laughs a little. Madison looks annoyed and increases the volume up a bit more.

A/N: Hi, lovelies. It's me again. Uh, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. And it would be nice if you left a vote or a few comments to let me know what you think, no pressure, of course. Okay, see you in another chapter. Take care. Bye.