Chapter 3

(Maddy's P.O.V)

Oh. My. God.

I couldn't believe what Mason and Mackenzie were... doing last night. Couldn't they at least have the decency to not do it in my room. Was plain common sense too much to ask for? Well, maybe, coming from them.

I had had quite a few words with Blake, about how he can't have his best friend hooking up with sluts in my bedroom. Bianca, then got all offended, and stormed out of the house, with Mackenzie. Can't say I'm too sad about that. I don't even know what I did to offend Bianca. It's not like they ever hooked up in my bedroom. Right?

Well, I didn't exactly give a flying shit about Bianca that second, due to the mind splitting migraine that was currently infesting my mind.

It seemed as thought the walk to lunch took longer than usual, but I eventually came to the bland brown door. The cool metal of the handle dug into my hand as I pushed it open. My mood was much better than this morning. That is until, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Peyton and Austen, who looked very uncomfortable at our table. It worried me, because usually the two were very laid back. Then I noticed an unwanted presence at the opposite side of the table. Turns out that Blake, Mason, Bianca and Mackenzie were the cause of their unease. And wow! They were at the 'unpopular' table. It must be hurting their reputation immensely.

I walked through the white cafeteria, that was littered with crowded tables in no particualr pattern. The skylights allowed some light to shine through, but it was tinted gray since no one had cleaned the glass in a few years. The aroma of the school's nasty food creeped up my nose, causing a slight gagging reflex.

I sat down cautiously and whispered to Peyton, "What the hell are they doing here?" Well, at least I thought I whispered. It seems I hadn't.

"We can hear you," Mason replied with a smirk, "We are here to invite you guys to the after party after the game."

"Uh, hate to break it to you, but the whole school is invited. Well, at least the ones who are friends with football players. And I'm friends with Austen," I said. Mason's gaze hardened at the mention of Austen.

"Oh! Duh! Sorry for the bother! See you there," Bianca replied perkily. God, she's too perky. So perky she's giving me a headache. I hope perkiness doesn't rub off. Then it would ruin my "I-am-a-downer" reputation. Well, at least if I had that reputation it would.

"Yeah. What a shame to see you all leave," Peyton replied, waving them away. We watched them walk away, and I couldn't help but notice that the attention of everyone in the cafeteria focused on them.

"They are so damn cheery! Goodness," Austen said, turning back to his food.

"It's slightly- what's the word?" Peyton said, tapping her finger to her chin.

"Disagreeable? Irritating? Bitter? Demented? I think all of those are well suited for them," I mumbled.

"Thanks, Maddy. It's slightly irritating that they have the whole school wrapped around their demented finger," Peyton said, chirping it like it was the best thing in the world. Peyton definitely was one of a kind.

I continued to munch on my burger, but was interrupted by someone staring a hole into my back. It was Mackenzie. Shocker. I decided to wave, seeing as she was teh next table over.

I whip back to my burger, and feel Peyton gazing at the burger in disgust. "What?" I snap.

"I'm a vegetarian. That disgusts me. Sorry." She stopped gazing at my burger.

We finished our lunch in silence, knowing that our every move was being dissected by a pesky little witch. Also known as Mackenzie.

***

 I walked down the hall and to my locker when I saw the Principal with a new student. He had a lean build with blond hair.

"Maddy, would you come here please?" Mrs. Harrison, the Principal asked.

I walked over them slowly. The boy's green eyes stared down at me, doing a double take.

"Would you mind showing Sean around?" she asked. "I can excuse you from this period."

Be excused from History to show some dude around. I can hang with Mr. Harrison, her husband, who smells like a footlocker, or show some dude around.

"Sure," I smiled.

"Okay. I'll let Mr. Harrison know. Here's his schedule." she handed me the card and walked off.

"Hi, I'm Maddy." I said, sticking out my hand. He only smirked down at me. I slowly retreated my hand and looked down at the schedule. "Well it looks like you have History with Mr. Harrison right now, as do I. You do not want to go in that classroom." 

"Why?" he asked. The first thing he says to me is why. Wow.

"It smells like a footlocker." I mumble, heading towards his locker. "I'll give you a tour of every class you have, then take you to 6th period."

"As long as I get to be with a hottie like you." he replied, making me blush. Why did he have to make me blush?!

I walked him to his locker and waited for him to put his stuff away. He turned and looked at me, a slight smirk on his face.

"Are you from Tennessee? Cause your the only 10 I see." his smirk grew into a lopsided grin. I laughed at his cheesiness and wiped away a fake tear. His smile started to falter, and I realized he was actually trying to flirt with me. Aw, cute!

"Oh." It was quiet for a second. "I'm not from Tennessee, this is just natural." He chuckled. 

"Well then. You are pretty good looking for a non-Tennessee-er." He teased

*******

After the tour, it turned out we had the same classes. We strolled to our last period, Marine Biology.

As we turned a corner, I dropped my books, and they went flying everywhere. And being as graceful as a drunk walrus, I went flying also. Before I could hit the ground though, Sean wrapped his arm around my waist, saving me from a bruised bum.

"Thanks." I squeaked. We were so close I could feel his breath fanning on my face. And he had a perfect view of my tomato red cheeks.

"No problem." He replied, still holding me close. I hoped I wasn't too heavy. "So, I was wondering," Oh my god! He was wondering! Maybe he wants to marry me!

"Sure!" I chirped. He gave me a confused look. Smooth Maddy, real smooth. He probably thinks your crazy now. "Su-Sure, tell me what you were wondering."

"Um... okay. I think you're really pretty and I wanted to know if you wanted to catch a movie?" He sounded so hopeful, and I was practically melting.

"I would love that! Is tomorrow good?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up at 7." He shot me a thousand watt smile, and I was weak kneed.

Me, the awkward turtle, was going on a date with this god. And I got to miss History! I'd do this any day!