Chapter 4

(Blake's P.O.V.)

I looked down at Bianca. Honestly, sometimes I don't know why I keep her around. I mean, sure she's something to look at, but she's... annoying. She complains, and always wants it her way. She's not someone you can just get along with. But I keep her around. Not only for my satisfaction, if you know what I mean, but also because she's good for my rep.

I wish I could dump her, but I can't bring myself to do it. As I catch her gaze, she bats her eyelashes 'seductavely' at me. It actually looked like she had something in her eyes.

"Bianca?" I murmured. She shot her eyes up to me, waiting for me to continue. "Do you have something in your eye?" I ask.

She blushed, and nodded, fake wiping something out of her eye. "Do you want to come over to my house?" I question. She nodded, again, and snuggled against my arm. I like Bianca, and the reason I don't ditch her is because, although she may seem cold and fake, she has a heart of gold. Well, more like partially, because she is still sometimes a little... mean.

When we pull into the driveway, I recognize Peyton and Austen's cars. "We might have to stay in my room if my sister's friends are here."

I open the door, and see Peyton on the floor, red faced, and cracking up. She still looks gorgeous with her red hair and hazel-green eyes. I felt Bianca tugging on my arm, and I glanced over, and noticed that Maddy was tickling her feet relentlessly. She burst into another round of her giggles, their happy sound filling the room. As I closed my door, I saw Austen join in tickling her.

If I hadn't known Austen was gay, I would have thought he had the hots for Peyton or Maddy. He told me when I had confronted him. I was trying to do the whole 'If you break my little sister's heart I'll break your face' speech, and he just blurted out, "Calm down! I'm gay."

I was still chuckling at the memory as I pulled out Final destination 5. I really loved watching horror movies with girls. They were so cute when they're scared.

By the time the movie ended, Bianca was clutching my shirt, and had her head buried in the crook between my neck and collar bone. I leaned down and kissed her head. She smelled like Hollister.

I walked her to her car, which her butler brought round. Her family is practically drowning in money, along with Mackenzie's.

When I re-enter the house I smell cookies, and walk to the kitchen where I find Peyton wiping the counters and putting away ingredients. I walked up behind her, and whispered into her ear, my lips brushing her hair,"Need some help?"

She swatted me with a dish rag, and nodded, seemingly unfazed by my closeness. She just continued to bustle around the kitchen, whipping away ingredients, mumbling under her breath sometimes. After a while of staring at her, I began to help wipe down the table top and cookie trays.

We worked in silence, our hands brushing against each others' as we determinedly scrubbed the flour of the table. Once that was done, I made us two cups of milk and Peyton grabbed some cookies.

"So, why were you cleaning up by yourself?" I questioned. Usually they all cleaned, Maddy blasting her music through the sound system as they slid around the kitchen, usually slipping in a puddle and falling on their butts. It was quite amusing.

"Maddy had a headache, so she went to take a nap, and Austen went to clean her room... We had a pillow fight. Not much survived." she mumbled the last part. I, for one, burst out laughing.

She looks at me quizzically and I reply, between laughs,"You make it sound like a war!"

"It was!" she protests, slapping a hand on the counter."We almost lost Fredrick!"

She was giggling at this point too. Fredrick was Maddy's teddy bear.

"Was Rutherford another almost casualty?" I joked. She grew serious all of a sudden, making me panic. Rutherford was our 7 year old gold fish. "You killed Rutherford?!" I shouted, running my fingers through my hair repeatedly.

"No!" she cackled,"You should've seen your face! You are so gullible!"

She looked amazing. A gorgeous smile on her face, her rosy lips standing out against her pale complexion. I felt a nag of guilt in the back of my mind. She was my little sister's best friend. And I had Bianca. With her dark hair, dark eyes and perfect coffee with cream complexion.

"So how's life been?" she asks.

"Well, football has been rough, but otherwise I've been good. Keeping up with my school work." she laughed at my remark. We both knew school was effortless to me.

"So where is your mom?"

"She went to a spa for 'a weekend away from the kids'"

She cracked a small smile,"That sounds like your mom."

The room was enveloped in an awkward silence, and we could hear the crickets chirping, and we just stared intently at our empty glasses. Those cookies were really good.

"Well," I fake yawned."I'd better hit the sack."

She gave me a knowing smile, and softly replied," Night Blake"

I walked into my bedroom and when I faced my bed, I saw a lump on it."Holy sh**! Who's there?"

I heard a muffled groan, as my sisters head peeked out from under the covers. "I need an Advil. You keep them in your car. Get me an Advil."

"Pleasant attitude Maddy. And yeah I'll grab you an Advil." she was looking very rumpled. Her tee-shirt and pj pants were crinkled and her hair was in a messy bun on her head. Except it didn't look much like a bun. More like a birds nest.

After I gave her an Advil, she stormed into her room, slamming the door behind her.

When I was laying down in bed all I could think about was fiery red hair and hazel green eyes.