CHAPTER 01

Tian Guan Ci Fu

Heaven Official's Blessing

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 01

Curses and complaints are the only thing Xie Lian could hear and understand from his drunken coworkers. Tonight, Shi Qingxuan invites all people he considered friends which is quite a lot, and with Shi Qingxuan's lead everyone is already drunk by now, except Xie Lian who already stop drinking after his second cup.

Xie Lian just watches his coworkers having fun and being free from their slavedriver boss' grasp, but instead of joining them on burning their boss, Xie Lian fell his eyes on his wristwatch and saw 12:08. He blinks and smile, as he remembers a youth with ponytail, in red clothing, and wears foxy smile, with confident air around him.

'It's the same time when I have first met him...' He thought, as he dwells back to eight years ago.

Deep at night, at school one single room is fill of light, arranging document for his committee, sixteen-year-old Xie Lian-vice chairman of Discipline Committee have decided to stay over to finished everything for tomorrow. Busying himself on the task that he lost track of time and didn't notice that night has already came. He even startled when he saw the clock at his smartphone indicating 11:55 pm, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Shi Wudu is such slave driver, and their committee members are irresponsible, that in the end Xie Lian has taken the responsibility to finish everything.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, before sighing, leaning on his chair's back rest and felt satisfied at the same time feel exhausted.

Five minutes before midnight.

Now Xie Lian decided that he wanna cry.

He has two choices now, it's whether he go home-but the train hour has already over for today, so no; then its whether he just sleep here and cry, or go to the nearest computer café, sleep there and cry.

Better choice? Not to waste money and just sleep here, the school guard knew that he was here anyway, so it's fine.

He cleans his desk and arrange the chairs together to act as bed.

When he was ready to lie down a noise stops him, it's not an ordinary noise of things like falling or whatever, and the more Xie Lian listen the more he could make it out. It's a sound made by cello? or violin? It's the song that Xie Lian actually could recognized; it is "Yi Hua Yi Jian".

But he finds it strange, as far as he knows he is the only one that staying for tonight... why anyone would play violin or cello at this late at night. Xie Lian checks the time, he blinks, it is already 11:58, two minutes before midnight.

Xie Lian decided to look at the responsible for the music... but he must say, this is quite beautiful play.

He followed it and soon found himself standing at the front of Music Room, where the music is at strongest. He peeks at the small window and finds the person that playing violin.

Xie Lian could use many words to describe the youth and form but only one would fit the most: Beautiful. From his form, and playing, it's all beautiful.

The youth end his play and shook his head, seems to be dissatisfied, which confuses Xie Lian. The following action of the youth make Xie Lian really shock and make him burst opens the door; the youth simply tossed the violin to the floor.

By Xie Lian's opening the door have startled the youth that he turns and has his eyes widen.

Xie Lian-who was supposed to complain about the youth's attitude towards his instrument-forgotten all about it upon seeing his youthful and handsome face. That's when he realized what he has done.

"I-I mean your playing is so beautiful and-should-anyways what are you-my phone where-" Xie Lian has internal panic.

The youth didn't join him on his panic state and simply straighten himself and continue watching Xie Lian, smirk on his face and seems enjoying the scene.

"Calm down Gege." His soft and gentle voice stop Xie Lian.

Xie Lian takes a deep breath to calm down. Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry as he found himself embarrassed to what he just done. It is the first time that he went down on that state, thankfully the other person didn't laugh at him.

"So... Gege can see me?"

"See you? Of course." Xie Lian finds it really strange.

"And you can clearly hear me too..." Xie Lian nodded.

"But why Gege is here at the middle of the night?"

"Just finished some task-shouldn't I do the questioning to you? What are you doing here? Are you a student here?" Seeing the youth aren't wearing their uniform, Xie Lian must ask this.

"Yes, but for some reason I ended up here and I can't leave too."

As questions being answer by the youth, confusion and puzzlement were troubling Xie Lian, the way he answers is so strange that it's like the youth is wanted to tell Xie Lian something.

"What's your name? I'm Xie Lian."

"Me? I am third child in my family, you can call me San Lang."

"What about your name?" The youth who named himself San Lang shrugged his shoulder. "Is that important?"

"Well, yeah cause if you are a student here then I maybe could have known you."

"You-probably not. So, please just call me San Lang." Seeing the youth won't give in, Xie Lian chose to give in instead. It's no used to pry on something others don't want to.

"Alright." Xie Lian voiced his agreement without hesitation. "So, why are you here? And what do you mean by "cannot leave"?"

San Lang shrugged his shoulders, and didn't answer, Xie Lian thought that maybe San Lang himself doesn't know either.

"Okay... enough with Q&A."

"Thanks."

"So, San Lang, the piece you just playing-it is so good and beautiful."

San Lang's smirk lost its form and replaced with surprised, and Xie Lian somehow sees his eyes sparkle.

"So, I was wondering why you tossed your violin..."

"Thank you." San Lang smile gently-and Xie Lian thought how pretty his smile. "It is just my capriciousness, nothing more."

Xie Lian no longer says anything, instead with smile he walks where the violin and pick it up, dusting it off and gently lay it down at a desk. Xie Lian then turns to the youth with smile, and San Lang-who follows all his movements with curious stare-found himself smiling as well.

"So... what is Gege gonna do now that he is already finished with his work?"

"I was about to sleep when I heard you playing."

San Lang blinks his eyes and smile again, "I apologized to Gege that I disturbed his plan."

"Don't be! I like what I heard, and I'm actually glad to meet San Lang."

"I'm glad you like it, maybe I won't toss my violin next time."

"Right in the first place, you shouldn't have toss it."

Since this first meeting, Xie Lian continues staying at the school building with excuse of his work as Vice Chairman of Disciplined Committee, he even go so far as not doing some work right away just so he could have an excuse.

From 12:08 the time of their meeting has getting earlier that it is now 10:00 pm, which is the time the guard have finished his last round.

They enjoy each other's company, getting along so well, like they known each other even before.