CHAPTER 05

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 05

At the rooftop, sitting and staring at the beautiful night sky, Xie Lian and San Lang both have smiles, both are quiet.

Xie Lian for a second fell his sight to the youth next to him, who seems didn't noticed his sudden shift of attention. The second becomes minute, and soon Xie Lian realized that he been staring at San Lang for too long. He yanked his head and cough as he felt warmness building up on his face. His cough caught San Lang attention that he turns his head to Xie Lian who is covering half of his face with his hand.

"Is Gege alright?"

"Huh?!" Xie Lian quickly shifts his attention to the youth, still covering his face. "Yes! Yes! Yes of course! Sorry I take your attention!"

San Lang smiles, "Calm down Gege." He said as Xie Lian starting to panic.

Xie Lian takes a deep breathe, able to calm the beating of his own heart.

"So, did Gege caught a cold? It's been raining recently after all."

"I'm alright San Lang. I just choked a little."

"Is Gege thinking of something that made him choke?"

Xie Lian has unsure smile, while waving his hand, "It's nothing special, really. San Lang don't have to worry."

A lie.

A big, huge lie.

That "something" is actually quite special. Xie Lian realized how beautiful San Lang is, and tonight with the moonlight shining down at the youth's wellbeing, makes him more beautiful, and during this thought an unbelievable urged invaded Xie Lian's mind and feelings.

Xie Lian wants to kiss San Lang.

It's so inappropriate, Xie Lian knows that. They are not in relationship, in addition, it wasn't like San Lang likes him that way. All of the sudden, Xie Lian understand Jun Wu (his Ex-boyfriend) feelings of fruitless love.

Xie Lian leaned back to the fence and look at San Lang who is still staring at him.

"Really I'm fine San Lang!"

"If Gege says so."

"By the way San Lang..."

"Yes Gege?"

"You never call me to my name."

San Lang blinks and smiles, "Because Gege is Gege."

"Ehhhh..." does Xie Lian should push the question or chose another topic. Because when San Lang decided he won't tell something, he really won't say it.

Then Xie Lian remembers something, he been wanting to ask the youth.

"Oh yeah San Lang." San Lang awaits to Xie Lian to continue. "Do you have someone you like?"

San Lang blinks, "Why is Gege asking me these stuffs?"

"I just thought it is unfair that San Lang knows something about the person I like, but this Gege doesn't know about San Lang's!"

San Lang chuckles lowly, making Xie Lian felt embarrassed for saying something like a kid. "Yes Gege. This San Lang already likes someone."

"Oh..." almost inaudible Xie Lian breathe, "So..." Again, Xie Lian chooses whether to continue this, as his feelings starting to sink down. "What kind of girl she is...?"

"Gege." San Lang made a paused.

"Yes?"

San Lang smiles knowingly, but Xie Lian doesn't know what is that smile means. "The person I like is someone who is virtuous, beautiful, noble, gracious special someone."

Another silent "oh" breathe out from Xie Lian, as thinking how much San Lang does love the girl to be described in such a way, and if San Lang really likes that girl, then its' no doubt it is someone as San Lang described.

"So... have San Lang won her over?"

"No... and probably will never."

Xie Lian immediately realized how insensitive his question has. Of course, San Lang might be really no longer pursue the girl, as he is now a ghost that is bound in this school.

"Sorry" was about to get out from Xie Lian's lips but San Lang's next words made him suck back his breathe, "That person would never like me..."

"San Lang..." Xie Lian almost silently calls out.

"Yes Gege?" San Lang has gentle expression on his face while staring endearingly to Xie Lian.

"I've been noticing this... why is San Lang thinking too low of himself? I mean you're handsome, smart, nice, and kind. I bet there's many girls who have crushes on you. That girl you like might be also has feelings for you." Just what is Xie Lian trying to prove? Even he able to raise San Lang's confidence on his appearance, it wasn't like San Lang can pursue that love of his any longer. Xie Lian halted on his words after realizing those, and totally shut up after apologizing.

"Gege is really kind, even on our first meeting, you've always been."

"San Lang too."