CHAPTER 09

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 09

Upon the time falls into "time of the ox" San Lang came back on his original form—the handsome youth that Xie Lian came to know.

San lang leads Xie Lian at the very same music room where they first met, a violin is sitting silently at the teacher's chair. San Lang picks up the violin and asked Xie Lian of what song he likes to hear. Xie Lian thought for a while before enthusiastically answers: "Lian Cheng Ci."

With gentle and charming smile San Lang plays it.

Xie Lian could feel warm and sincerity from the sound of violin. He listens attentively and quietly with joy.

The song soon reached its finale, and unlike the first time they met, San Lang lay down the violin on the desk next to him, instead of tossing it then turns to Xie Lian.

With quiet "Gege" from him, Xie Lian opens his eyes, smiles at him, and praises his play.

Xie Lian nods, hands clapping, "As expected! My San Lang is good at it."

"Did Gege like it?"

"So much."

Strolling quietly towards his Gege, San Lang then extended his hand towards Xie Lian's face brushes his thumb gently, with soft endearing smile.

Xie Lian is puzzled on the action but nevertheless enjoying it.

San Lang bites his lower lips, not tearing the skin.

In the end San Lang could no longer help himself, but to pull Xie Lian in tight embrace which shock other, yet Xie Lian didn't push San Lang and instead hugs him back.

'Ahh... I really love him!'

Still Xie Lian is puzzled, he doesn't quite understand this sudden approach from the youth, although this making him happy inside, that Xie Lian embraced him tighter.

But...

That happiness soon grows into fear.

Since meeting San Lang—that everyone viewed as their Chengzu—Xie Lian saw many things related to the apparition, one of them is the way they "died".

Dissipating into nothingness when an apparition that get killed or dying by losing their ghostly power.

San Lang's body slowly turning into transparent that Xie Lian could see his own hands that's on behind of the youth.

...Is it the fight against that octopus apparition?

But San Lang have won, so why is this happening?

"San Lang what's going on?! What's happening to you?!" Xie Lian asked, voice sounds panic, so his expression, but San Lang didn't answer and instead the youth keep embracing his Gege. Xie Lian persistent on asking,

"Don't mind me, Gege just keep hugging this San Lang."

"There's no way I won't mind it! I'm getting scared now San Lang! Please tell me! What's happening?! It is related to yesterday?!" San Lang just tighten his embrace, not thinking of letting go; Xie Lian, as well, has no intention to let go, but he awfully wanted to know, his breathe shortening, and soon he is having a difficulty in breath. "San Lang please!"

The one that answers Xie Lian is a mokke with its broken sentences: "Chengzu gotten weak! Octopus fight!"

Just like Xie Lian thought, it is the fight yesterday. The fight against the octopus apparition has took a toll on San lang, and now he is paying the price, but then doesn't that mean— "It is my fault?"

"No, Gege is not in fault."

"How can you say that it is not mine?! San Lang! Because I let that apparition took over me! If I'm just have strong will, then it won't—"

"Please don't blame yourself. It is me... Gege I never say this to you, but I already been weak since, even before we met on that fateful night, and I will eventually be dying this year." San Lang breathe deeply, "You are my joy of my last moments of this life. I'm so thankful to my Gege for all the moments we share together."

"San Lang..." tears begun coming from Xie Lian's eyes, staining his cheek. His body started weakening, would fall if not just San Lang embracing him, supporting his body at the same time.

Xie Lian doesn't know what he should say anymore, there's no words coming in on his head. His San Lang, the youth that he fell in love. The person—ghost that made him know how simple to be happy, on how precious it is to love someone, on how beautiful to fell in love.

But now, San Lang is teaching him on how hurt it is to know you about to lose your beloved—worst, it is his fault... no matter how San Lang covers it, Xie Lian only think that it is his fault.

"My only wish for you is to live your life to the fullest; stay strong and enthusiast. Please remember that I love you from the very bottom of my heart. I'm so glad that I fell in love to the virtuous, beautiful, noble, gracious, special you!"

"Don't joke at time like this San Lang! Tell me what I can do to help you! Please! Your Gege doesn't want to lose you!"

Xie Lian chokes on his tears and keep begging San Lang for whatever.

"Everything will eventually come to end."

"No... please San Lang!"

Xie Lian haven't told his feelings for the ghost—realizing this Xie Lian opens his mouth in attempt to finally confess, but then close it tightly, "I love you San Lang!" He blurted out.

There's silence between them, and what Xie Lian have received as a response is San Lang—if still possible—tightens his hold on him.

If they could just meet in different circumstances...

"I love you Xie Lian..." San Lang's voice full of sincerity. "Believe this San Lang that you will never meet someone as sincere as I am."

But Xie Lian couldn't be able to smile from the bottom his heart as suddenly, the apparition on his arms burst into thousands silver butterflies that flew up the air, and Xie Lian lost touch of reality as he watches a single butterfly fluttered still above him and soon joins the rest.

As no one hold him up, Xie Lian finally fell on his knees, tears still streaming down, he embraced himself looking for the coldness that he only could feel from the ghost youth.

The apparitions that respected and fear San Lang, watches Xie Lian cries on his hearts content, as they also felt grief of losing the only ghost that made their life in the school much better.

Other than the bunch of mokke that snuggles Xie Lian's side, none went near nor even try to console him, they just distance away from him and mourn together with him.