CHAPTER 03

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 03

A month after meeting the youth,

"Gege, I saw today that you get confession from a female first-year."

"Ahh that... I turned her down." Xie Lian casually responds while they are strolling around the school.

"Why is that? Aren't she in range of Gege's type of girls?"

"Not like that."

"Is she not cute enough for Gege?"

Xie Lian took a deep breathe before turning to the youth that walking next to him, hands clap behind him. Like this, no one will think that San Lang is actually a ghost, he is like a normal person.

"She's cute, but I don't think of her like that. Until today, I only knew her as one of student's profile. Nothing more."

"Then would Gege give her a chance now that you already knew she's existing outside the profile?"

"Still no..."

There's a pause, and Xie Lian thought that they already over with the topic, it really makes him uncomfortable talking these things with the youth.

"Is Gege have been in relationship before?"

"All of sudden asking me that San Lang..."

"Just curious..." San Lang almost quietly answer.

Xie Lian couldn't see his expression as it is hiding behind his bangs.

"I—I do." Again, another silent between them, Xie Lian breathes in before deciding to continue "It is a relationship with..." Again, Xie Lian breathes in, he doesn't know what kind of reaction San Lang would have once Xie Lian confesses to him about it, so he is little afraid—no little is an understatement—Xie Lian is thoroughly afraid that San Lang would put distance between them once he learn about Xie Lian's (self-claimed) stupidity. "—another guy."

San Lang raises his head and turn to Xie Lian, with shock on his face.

That! That's the face that Xie Lian's worried to see.

"A gay relationship? Gege is?" Xie Lian low his head and wants to dig his own grave right at where they are.

"Yes. It is with neighbor xiong. He is a family friend, and my you-could-say my childhood friend." Xie Lian could faintly hear "oh" from the youth as he continues, "I never like him the way he wants, before being in relationship with him and even we're already dating, I still couldn't be able to fall in love him."

"Is it because Gege's straight?"

"I wonder if it's because of that... I—back then I've been curious of what is like to be in relationship, and so when he confessed and asked me to give it a chance, I just give it a go."

"Still Gege didn't fall?"

Xie Lian nodded. "Instead, I hated to be with him, like I don't even want to see him or hear anything about him. It's like his whole existence has become torture for me. And I really wished that I ain't a fool back then that I just agreed to be with him."

"How long did Gege to be with him?"

"Hmm... three?"

"Three? Three years?"

"You think I could go for that long?"

San Lang shrugged his shoulder, "Then "three" what Gege? Three months?"

"Three weeks."

"So short—I mean... you broke up with him?"

"Yeah. I told him that I could no longer go on."

"He... let you go easily?"

"N—yes... after great insistence in both sides."

"Are you alright now Gege?"

"Yes! So great!"

"That's great then."

Xie Lian saw a gentle look on San Lang, smile that melted his heart, brought warm on his ears. Xie Lian cough.

"Actually, the reason that rejected her is because I already inlove with someone."

"Oh..." San Lang quietly hums, and the gentle look and smile was replaced by sadness, but it is just in instant, as San Lang wears coy smile, yet his eyes lost its shine. "Who is the lucky girl?" he silently asked, like he doesn't really want to know.

Xl hums for a while before speaking again, "I love that person's eyes," Xie Lian then put his finger on his own cheek as if pointing at his right eye, "particularly that person's right eye." Xie Lian knew what he has done, and he purposedly not directly answer San Lang.

San Lang only blinks and changes the topic into something else, which makes Xie Lian almost wants to laugh. He knew—Xie Lian knew that San Lang didn't think who the "person" Xie Lian was talking about, that even up until these days could make Xie Lian chuckle.