CHAPTER 10

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 10

Sitting on a desk inside the Music Room, Xie Lian, not wearing his school uniform, still though with the same height he has during his school days, reminiscences his fondness memories from eight years ago.

It's been eight years since his fated encounter with San Lang. His happiest moments of his entire life, the time he spent with his beloved ghost of youth.

In hopes, that San Lang would be somehow revived within the school as the same youth ghost, or even not with that same appearance as long as San Lang come back Xie Lian will accept him wholeheartedly.

Eight years of longing.

Eight years of hoping.

Eight years of love.

Eight years of wishing.

Xie Lian stays single and never love anyone since then. He doesn't know why either, it wasn't like he is forcing himself to not love anyone, maybe San Lang is really the only one for him. His soulmate... a ghost as a soulmate, huh... "That doesn't sound bad at all."

~~~***~~~

Striding at the hallway of the school is a tall man in red grant clothes, fitted to a rich businessman. His long black hair is shining under the light from moon. A smile decorating his face, but he doesn't look as kind as "him".

It doesn't matter if no one find him kind or agreeable, he only will smile genuinely to "him", he will only be going to be kind to "him", and to no one.

The mokke started popping out from anywhere possible, even impossible, they hop towards the person that carries the sound of bells. Repeating words as a welcome greeting to the person.

The smile turns into smirk upon the mokke's approach, and then more and more apparitions appear and bow down to him. Chanting his title with so much respect.

"Lord Friend! Came! Morning!" The single black mokke that able to climb at his shoulder beams at him.

"Oh, does he say anything?"

"Quiet! Only smile! Sad!" : He is quiet, only smiling and look sad.

The smile deforms upon realizing the meaning of those broken sentence. He wonders for a while, closes his eyes and sigh.

To think eight years have already passed.

He looks for "him" since he woke up, but with no avail.

That makes him wonders if "he" is hiding from someone—oh probably to that bastard.

~~~***~~~

"You sure Xie-xiong?"

Xie Lian nodded with smile that fails to hide how uncomfortable he is, "Yes, don't mind me and go back there Qingxuan, He Xuan is waiting for you."

"Aww! Don't say that like Ming-xiong is the only one in there! Jun Wu and your fuck up Cousin Qi Rong is in there too! Oh... I'm sorry Xie-xiong, I didn't know—"

"Hmm? Ahh! Don't think about it! It wasn't your fault! You didn't know and he maybe mani—" Xie Lian clears his throat, clearing the next frank words that he almost voice out. "Nevertheless, it's really not your fault, Qingxuan."

"Then see you at work at Monday Xie-xiong!" as if Shi Qingxuan's feelings have lifted to Xie Lian's assurance, Shi Qingxuan waves his fan bidding to Xie Lian.

"Yea, see you."

Xie Lian haven't lifted his foot to leave the place when someone calls to his name that makes him feel chill on his back. Xie Lian doesn't know how to ignore a colleague. So, with narrow eyes as if really doesn't want to see the caller, Xie Lian waited.

"Going home already Lianlian?" Standing beside Shi Qingxuan and in front of Xie Lian is Xie Lian's toxic Ex boyfriend Jun Wu with his smile that could swoon many girls, but a raw fake smile is what he got in return. Jun Wu is still addressing Xie Lian in full familiarity as if Jun Wu didn't cause anguish and grievance to him.

"We're no longer kids, nor even neighbors, we're coworkers, so please keep your professionalism."

"Don't say that Lianlian. We're already out the work and we used to be a couple."

"That I wholeheartedly regretted to be in."

"C'mon, didn't I made you feel pleasure before."

"It was torturous, toxic, and oxidize relationship that I already forget."

"We can still be together."

Xie Lian gaze at him, finally realized that no matter how Xie Lian put their former relationship before, he won't listen and just keep assuming that Xie Lian has feelings for him.

"Ahh! Jun Wu you see... Xie-xiong is already tired!" Shi Qingxuan spoke, trying to give reason so Xie Lian could leave already but that cause an opposite effect instead.

"Is that so? Then let me walk you home."

Before Shi Qingxuan could say another word, someone pulls him away. This person knows that not to get in Jun Wu's way, that he only protecting Shi Qingxuan from worst case scenario. Xie Lian nods at He Xuan, thanking him for saving Shi Qingxuan, both knows what Jun Wu is capable of.

that abrupt thought has stop as soon that it enters his head. Eight years, eight years and he still seeking for ghost youth.

"Oh, please stop bringing back that nightmare!" Xie Lian plead, starting to feel an incoming headache he lifted a hand and press against his temple. He must find a way to escape from this nightmare called Jun Wu, without putting his friends into danger.

"Can't you see? You're an eyesore!" it was cold, mature voice, which put an image of a certain someone on Xie Lian's mind.

A youth that wears red clothes, with lopsided ponytail tied up using red string, a calm, reserved, full of confidence and cold air around, with coy smirk, and finally the different color eyes.

Jun Wu knitted his brows, in annoyance and puzzlement of who is this fucktard that interrupting him at courting his beloved back.

Shi Qingxuan uses his closed fan to hide his mouth that wide open in shock but more in amuse.

He Xuan sighs, unbeknownst to anyone the reason.