Been a while- Yoichi Isagi

-Gorgeous Taylor Swift

You both were childhood friends and pretty much best friends. You used to live right next to his house where your friendship first bloomed. You shifted to a different neighbourhood in 7th grade but you went to the same school so you always met him there. Plus, since your parents were friends going over to the other's house was an almost daily affair.

After Isagi lost in his match which could have landed him in the nationals you decided to cheer him up. You decided to treat him out and tried your best to bring a smile to his face. Being honest, you had liked him for a quite while nowbut you just didn't want to break your friendship by confessing to it and him possibly hating you.

"Thank you so much Y/n, I know your trying to cheer me up and I really feel grateful for it.." Isagi says as he leans in to hug you. You can feel your heart beat quicken as you hold him in a warm embrace. As he pulls away he lingers for a bit before finally loosing his grip.
"You know, you look like your about to cry, crybaby Yoichi." You tease him as he starts denying all embarrassed. He must've really wanted to win..

Now, it had been about two days since you last saw him. He hadn't come to school so finally you decide to text him.

From: N/n
Where are you? You haven't even been to school.
Don't be so sad about the match idiot. You'll do well on the next one.
I'll come over with your favourite snacks.

It seems that the messages don't seem to send and this worries you. Where had he gone? And your parents would've told you if they knew something. So you decide to go over to his house.

"Hello aunty! Is Isagi home? He hasn't been coming to school." You say as Isagi's mom opens the door.

"Oh, Y/n! It's good to see you. Isagi? Didn't he tell you..? He left for blue lock.." she says as she gives you an apologetic look.
"What??? When? No he didn't." You say as you look at her astonished as she seems puzzled.

"Huh? That boy.. He told me that he would tell you when you met last.. that's the day he found out."

After hearing this news you were returning home as you feel your eyes tearing up. How could he leave without telling you..? Did you mean that little to him.. or did he find out about your feelings and just not confront you..?

You were still mad at him though since he shouldn't have still have left without telling you. Even a text would've been better than anything. Football was his passion and he was crazy for it so you don't blame him for going but telling you should have been the least he could've done.

It had been three weeks now since Isagi had left now and you did still miss him but you couldn't help but hate him for going unannounced. It seemed even his football teammates knew..

It was a holiday and this was one of the days your family went over to Isagi's house to eat dinner and enjoy together. You get ready and leave for his house with your parents. You knew it was going to be lonely without him there. As you enter Isagi's dad tells you that you shouldn't be bored with the adults here and tells you that you could just relax in Isagi's room.

You enter his room as your eyes widen as you take in the image of Isagi sitting on the bed as he looks at you with a nervous and surprised look. You feel your anger, hurt and sadness well up as you stride towards him without a word and slap him hard across his cheek as tears stream down your face.

"Wh-why couldn't tell me you were leaving..? You know I missed you so much.. But I guess I don't mean much to you huh? Seeing as even your teammates knew, or maybe did you just want to ignore me..?" you start rambling as he looks up at you with surprise colouring his face.

"Wh-what. Y/n no, no. Please let me explain. Please..?" he says as he pats for you to sit down beside him. You sit beside him not really expecting much.

"I did mean to tell you that day.."

"So why didn't you?"

"Ah. You're really going to make me tell it huh? I couldn't tell you, well.. When I hugged you that day I was going to. But the only thing that I could think was that if I were to tell you then, I don't think I could've left.." He says with his head bowing. You look at him with many emotions and questions arising in your head as he continues.

"You know.. I really really like you. And I couldn't just say goodbye to you.. please don't hate me." Isagi confesses as he looks up at you with a slight blush and nervousness trying to figure out your reaction when you just smack him again.

"Why couldn't you tell me before you idiot!? I've missed you so much.. oh of course I like you too."

The day ends with you both confessing to each other as your parents listen in secretly. Isagi did have to return but he would have his phone so dating wouldn't be that problematic. Plus, he promises to make it up to you when he returns as a star player. It was like an impossible dream come up for both of you.