Brother's Best Friend-Rin Itoshi

It's the brother's best friend trope, except with the younger brother. If Sae left Japan later, like after school.

Sae was your best friend. As rude as he seemed or as much as you would want to strangle him you both had somehow bonded and though you did have other close friends he was destined to die friendless except you being an angel flew into his life.

Some people thought you might be dating but he wasn't your type and he wasn't really into the whole dating situation either and neither were you to be fair. Football kept him busy and vice head girl duties kept you busy. 

Some times you hung out at his house due to his parents mostly being at work and it was more peaceful. That's when you met his brother Rin. You'd heard of him from Sae and seen him in school like once or twice but you only met him properly at their house. At first you thought maybe he was stuck up or rude, but after a while you realized he was just more of an introvert or socially awkward. Sometimes the 3 of you would hang out. You soon learned Rin was a HUGE fan of horror movies and so were you, well more thrillers but his favourite movie is The Shining and you were a fan of it too. You could make out he was a big fan of his brother and looked up to him a lot. Most of the time when hanging out at Sae's house Rin would join you too when playing video games or just a tag along while going out. You knew not a lot about him but he was honestly just a normal teenager.

Then next year happened. Sae left for international soccer, you were in the last year of school and at the post of Head girl while Rin joined the student council too as the sports captain. Most student council students had to work together for various events and meetings so soon you both became friends. You got to know him more. How he was such a bad sport, was obsessed to bland food like chazuke and loved tuna on rice.. After some time you both even became good friends and it'd be hard to say that you didn't find this boy.. who was just supposed to be your friend's younger brother attractive. 

Rin couldn't deny his feelings either. He was a stoic person, only supposed to be obsessed to football but somedays he couldn't get you off his mind. Even with Sae here he always admired you, as an upperclassmen. You were always the type to take action and guide people but now being friends with you also showed you in a different light. How you teased him on random stuff, the way your hair was never in place, how pretty you looked in a suit for competitions. He started to realize something was different but denial is a river in egypt.

Things went smoothly but then Sae returned from his trip, you hadn't met him yet because you were out of station but when you came back it was so different. Rin hadn't been coming to school since 2 days and when you did meet Sae he was a complete different person. He was already kind of a prick but now he just seemed distant. You both met outside at a cafe and it felt like meeting a stranger except with a face you cherished. After Sae left you finally got through to Rin and heard what happened. That was the most hurt and angry you had ever seen him and he barely even made a noise during any horror movies. 

You were like a candle to him. During the time he felt the most low and angry and tired with his life you were the only one making him feel a little grounded. Soon he started to regain himself bit by bit and soon he started to realize what he felt for you.

Timeskip a year

You were now in college. In the same city and one of the most prestigious ones in the country. Life was very different from school though you were proud of yourself. It had been awkward since then to face Sae and will probably be more further going on, only hoping for the best. But Rin was a whole new story. You were mad at him. Furious per say.

I mean what were you supposed to do when he was so shamefully, sitting in YOUR room and eating YOUR food while not waiting for you to start the movie??? What kind of boyfriend does that????

After Rin had calmed down last year he finally got the guts to ask you out on your birthday and how could you ever say no to that dork. It may have started out as only knowing him through a friend but now he was worth to you so much more.