Part timers- feelings

^my favourite library
Continuation of Part timers with the same characters

^my favourite library Continuation of Part timers with the same characters

Seishiro Nagi:
The summer vacation was almost over. Now you were used to having a white haired sloth "working" at the shop too. He wasn't exactly the best employee.. but he kept good company. You had both actually grown quite close and sometimes even met outside your shifts, though it was mostly just hanging out at the arcade.

Nagi hadn't thought he would actually come to like his job so much. He could laze around the shop as there usually weren't that many customers at the same time, he could borrow games and most of all he met his perfect gaming buddy. Even if you both weren't talking about or playing games you were plenty fun. You didn't seem to mind his usually said annoying personality.

You were now also used to seeing Nagi's friends at the shop. It was mostly Reo who dropped by and sometimes there'd also be Zantetsu. They were quite surprised to find that Nagi had become friends with a new someone and soon you also became familiar to them. Reo would also sometimes accompany you both to the arcade.

One evening as Nagi sat on the couch as it wasn't rush hour and was on a call with Reo. "Ahh can't I come to the arcade with you and Y/n tomorrow too. I'm so bored" whined Reo over the phone. "No. You distract us too much"
says Nagi not even listening to the purple head's pleading. "Aw. Cmon. You're replacing me with Y/n now, or is it something different." Nagi could literally feel Reo's pout from across the receiver. "How long are you going to talk, I need to get back to my game." Y/n just laughs as she over hears his conversation. "No wait listen. She is the first girl you've ever been close with. Are you sure tomorrow isn't a date?"

"What- obviously not. Stop wasting my time." groans Nagi now used to Reo's teasing. "Well, I see. Then you wouldn't mind that the summer vacation is going to end. You won't have an excuse to see her if you all are not dating." says Reo as he chuckles to himself planting a doubt in his friend's mind.

This is the first time this thought truly strikes Nagi as he looks over at you on your phone sitting behind the counter with your legs propped on the counter. It feels like this is the first time he truly sees you as he notices all the details had caught his eye before too- your fluffy hair which he wouldn't mind patting, red cheeks from the cold of the evening, the funny scowling face you made when you lost a game and more. He realised that he would hate it if he never saw you again, and if that's what feelings were he had fallen hard for you.
"Ugh. You're right. It is a date and you're not invited"

Yoichi Isagi:
Now you weren't oblivious. You knew that you did feel something for Yoichi and it was something pleasant. You both had gotten so close that now you had entered each other's friend groups too. You knew almost all his teammates and he was familiar with your friends. Sometimes you would eat lunch with your whole group and sometimes it was just you and him on the rooftop as you listened to him either geek out about football or he would be asking you millions of questions. The only problem was that you didn't understand if he was just being nice to you like he was to everyone or if he actually did feel anything for you.

Yoichi honestly caught feelings for you after a week of you both meeting but did he realise it? No. He just liked spending time with you and being nice to you was his way of giving you attention. He only came across his true feelings when he heard his one of his teammates call you cute. Just them mentioning you in that way made him mad at them for no reason and he first thought he was just being a good friend but he couldn't help but agree to the comment.

But now he was trying to give you hints, go out of his way to spend time alone with you, get you your favourite drink every morning and compliment your hair every time but you just assumed he was being nice to you and even if he denied you'd just call him modest. So much for not being oblivious smh.

Chigiri Hyoma:
Chigiri was your perfect mannequin and favourite co-worker. It had been long since he also started part time in the salon but now both of your shifts had changed so the only time you both could interact mostly was at past-time. He would make sure to come meet you after your shift was over. He would sit in one of the chairs with either a book in his hand or chatting away with you as you did his hair. Whenever the hairstyle came out a good success he would even post it on his social media.

His friends did always bug him about his posts but he avoided the questions as much as he could. He told himself the only reason he went to meet you since he promised to help you. When you questioned him about why his hair was even more shinier and softer recently he'd just blame it on a new shampoo that he bought but when you asked which one so you could get it too his face would flare up.

The true moment when he realised his feelings were when one day you both were in the salon late and he enters to see you sweeping the extra hair on the floor. "Oh, Chigiri come in. I'm so tired today though I don't think I can do any hairstyles today.. I know you must be tired too.. If you want you can go home" you say swiping sweat off your forehead as you continue work.

This makes him a bit sad. He feels a pang as he realises that you feel that he only sees you as someone he's helping out. "What. You're kidding right Y/n. I'll help you out.." He says as he walks in as you stare at him a bit confused.
"Wha- Why" You say as he replies "Because I'm your friend of course" he says as he flashes a smile and you can't help but chuckle a bit as your heart flutters a bit.

Then you go sit in one of the salon chairs as you say "Well. Why hot try something new? How about you do my hair today?" Chigiri thinks for a moment and agrees to it. But when it actually comes to doing it he stands there with his heart thumping loudly when he feels your fluffy hair and sees your face in the mirror all excited. At this point he's a mess and ends up with a complete failure with the way your staring at him with shock. He just was so nervous to touch your hair.

When he returns home and opens his instagram he notices that you posted something and tagged him. He sits there with his face red as he sees the post of you taking a pic of the horrible hairstyle as he is styling it. After that he has always been a bit more cautious around you.

Itoshi Rin:
Rin's painful project had already been over but somehow he hadn't left his job at the library yet. Even when you insisted that you could do the work all alone he just shook your words away and said he would continue and plus this also helped him with credits. You both had become friends and Rin was nicer to you than others considering his personality.

The reason he seemed to hate most people at his school was because they couldn't go by without mentioning his brother to him. It had even gone to a point when if he said something bad about Sae or told them they weren't close the students would ignore him or awkwardly go away. You were no exception to this, you had also asked him about Sae before and that did hurt him a bit but you couldn't have known.

But the worst thing that happened to him was when he found out one of his closest friends asked him if he could introduce him to Sae once. Rin obviously said no but his friend continued to pester him when he finally told him about his feud with Sae. The moment he finished he could see his friend's smiling face contort to one of disgust as his true colours come out.

Since then his friend also spread rumours about him and the only people who truly still were nice to him were his teammates. One day his old friend tried to stir him up by saying shit about his skills and telling how he was trash compared to his brother. This led to him becoming mad gradually and he was about to lose it when his friend suddenly stumbles and he sees you standing there behind him with a grin on your face as you hold his arm and drag him with you running in the corridors till you arrive at the library.

"You don't have to listen to jerks like that. Plus, if the rumours are true then your brother was a huge jerk" you said as you entered the library. When he saw your face smiling and trying to cheer him up he could feel all his worries and insecurities vanish.

Happy Women's Day 💗