CHAPTER 003 : PLEASE BE THE SAME PERSON

NO ONE P.O.V

I saw him, Lisa.

Jungkook stood outside of the kindergarten.

But he was the Demon Alpha, I'm so sure of it.

After a few minutes, the school bell rang and kids start coming out from the kindergarten with their teachers.

However- his gaze are not cold like before.

Hye-Ran come out not so long after that with her teachers as she wave at Jungkook instantly upon seeing him. Jungkook smiled upon seeing her daughter.

It was murdereous, or evil, I must say.

He wave at her and the little girl ran instantly towards her father. She jump on him and he hugged her tightly "oh my lil champ, how's school today?" He said as he kissed her forehead.

I'm sure of it.

Hye-Ran giggle as she start talking about her day. Jungkook listen to her as someone approached them. "Hye-Ran is such an active girl." Jungkook lift his gaze and a beautiful young woman stood before him.

"Greeting, trueblood Jeon." She lower her head and smile sweetly. Jungkook smile back "I'm sorry, you are?" He never met her so he have to ask "I'm Kim Yeri, a new teacher in Hye-Ran's school" she introduces herself.

"Ahhh... I see, don't need to be formal. Just call me Jungkook, all the teachers here call me that." He said and she blush as she look down. "Oh, okay, Jungkook." She said, Hye-Ran who saw the scene pout and hug Jungkook.

"No! Daddy is for Mommy! No!" She said, startling the two of them "Eh? What do you mean dear?" He asked in confusion as Yeri wave it off "she probably miss her mother." She said.

"Yeah, I should get going, see you later, Yeri." He said as he soon left with Hye-Ran in his arms. Yeri watch the true blood leave as a small smile and a shy blush erupt to her cheek. She whisper to herself

"See you later too, Jungkook."

•••••

Lisa stood in front of the mirror as she stare at herself. Her mind is somewhere else and you could tell that she's in a deep thought. Her nightmare flash before her eyes

There's Jungkook, getting stabbed in the heart with a long spear, and blood coming out from his mouth. Yet, she's standing there, frozen, stunned, and speechless.

Lisa flutter her eyes close as she let out a breath. Unknowingly, a tear slide down her cheek. She wipe it and stare at her palm. "What is wrong with me?" She ask herself before looking back into the mirror and Taehyung's voice echoed in her head

"Maybe we should test it."

"Test it? What do you mean?" Jennie turn to her mate "If it's true maybe he will show some kind of reaction when we gather. Just like before, he can sense it. If the imperial souls still exist within us, he will sense it and become hostile."

"It had been so long since the last time we gather around. Maybe the imperial soul are weak before but the fact that seokjin can wield it again change the story. If what Seokjin Hyung are saying is true- then it worth a try." He said.

He look at Lisa who had been silent. "Let's have a gathering this weekend. If he reacts..." he trailed off as they look at each other. He take a breath and continue his words.

"Then the Demon Alpha still exists."

"Sweetheart?"

Lisa snap out from her thoughts as she look at the reflection in the mirror. She saw Jungkook coming out from the bathroom. He rub his hair with a towel and approached her "You had been sitting there since I enter the bathroom."

He said and now he's standing behind her. "Is everything alright?" He ask as a small smile formed on Lisa's lips. "Of course." She stood up and turn around. Now her face are just inch away from him.

She could feel his breath on her skin as she look at him in the eyes. His hair are still wet as he look down on her. Their eyes connected for what Lisa felt is so long but the reality is it is only a brief moment.

She pulled her gaze away. Staring at his hard chest, there's scar on his body. He told her that it all existed before he become the Demon Alpha. Those scar can't disappear. Only the wound after he become the Demon Alpha can be healed with no scar left behind.

Jungkook said, those scar was ugly but valuable to him. Yet Lisa find it mesmerising because she's proud of him for surviving all that alone. Unknowingly she felt the urge to hug him and she did, leaving him surprise but he hug her back nonetheless.

"Jungkook." She whispered "hmm?" He answered her. She take a deep breath of his scent "Are you the same person that I know?" She asked making Jungkook look at her. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Will you always be the same person that I know?"

She asked again feeling like crying "Of course, I never change and I will never change. I'm always the same person" he said as she let out a shaky breath. "Stay like this Jungkook, be the one who I can trust, and the one who trust me."

"No lies"

"Promise?" She asked as she hugged him tighter. He let out a breath as he heard that, he slowly kiss her hair. He slowly whisper

"I promise."