EthoxTango

Tango HATES coffee. He always had, it's no secret to anyone he knows. So what is he doing at a coffee shop?

Well..

*****

Tango is panicking as he is looking for his bag for college. He is running very late so he is scrambling to find his things. The last thing he needs is to be late and lose his scholarship.
He finds the things and runs out with barely a glance behind him. When the campus sign comes into view he dashes even faster, not paying attention to the innocent bystander in his path.

*CRASH*

Tango bumps into someone and falls to the ground. The person he bumped into turns around and offers a hand to Tango.
"Are you alright?" The person asks.
Tango looks up at them, this person has white fluffy hair held back with a headband. They have heterochromia, a red and gray eye. The last thing Tango notices is that he is wearing a mask...in the middle of summer.
Tango nods, accepting the offered hand. "Thanks. Are you ok?" He asks, dusting himself off.
"I'm not ok, I'm Etho!" The guy jokes.
Tango blinks, confused until he realized that this guy was giving him his name.
"Oh-" Tango laughs. "I'm Tango"
"Nice to meet ya," Etho says, offering an awkward handshake. "What's your major?" He then asks, noticing the papers that Tango is carrying.
"I'm taking engineering classes...." Tango suddenly remembers. "..That I'm late for!!!" Tango runs off.
Etho laughs until he sees Tango accidentally left a paper. Etho picks it up and looks to see if Tango is near but he is not.

****

Maybe two days later Etho spots Tango being scolded by a teacher.
"I-I'm sorry! I-I don't know where it is...!" Tango mutters. His voice is raspy and quiet, he looks like he's going to cry.
The teacher sighs, "Please do your best to stay on track for next year."
"Yeah," one of the girls in the class adds. "You're going to get yourself in trouble again"
Tango just gives them sad eyes.
Etho walks over and wraps his arm around Tango's shoulder.
"Hey, this is yours," Etho says as he holds out a paper to Tango.
Tango looks at the paper and his whole face lights up.
"Y-You found it!!!" Tango says excitedly as he grabs the paper. "H-Here it is...I-I guess I must have dropped it somewhere" Tango apologizes as he hands the paper to the teacher. The teacher takes it and just walks into their classroom.
Tango squeals happily and hugs Etho tightly.
"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!" Tango says happily.

Etho hugs Tango back softly. "It's no problem."
Tango looks up at Etho and blushes out of embarrassment. He lets go of Etho. "Sorry" Tango murmurs.
Etho giggles gently. "No need to apologize" He assures Tango. "Here. If it happens again." Etho writes something and hands it to Tango. "See you later!" Etho says and walks off.
Tango stares at the note in confusion before looking down at it. The note has a phone number on it.
Tango's face lights up.

***

So, it's been a year...

Tango and Etho are hanging out at the park.
"Hey Tango? Guess who got a new job?" Etho looks at Tango.
Tango grins at Etho.
"I'm guessing it's you."
Etho laughs.
"Yup! I work at the coffee shop across from the dorms!" Etho says excitedly. "I get coffee 50% off and it's great!" Etho brags.
Tango internally is disgusted but he smiles more. "You and your coffee" Tango laughs.
"You'll have to come to visit sometime!" Etho says happily.
"I'll make sure to do that, Etho." Tango replies.

He did exactly that.

Tango walks into the coffee shop and sees Etho behind the counter.
"Oh my gosh, Tango!!" Etho says cheerfully as he waves at Tango.
Tango smiles brightly when he sees Etho. "Hey Etho." Tango waves back before walking over to the cash register.
"So! What would you like today?" Etho tilts his head.
"Uh....surprise me" Tango answers painfully, since he hates coffee.
"Alright..." Etho hums. He goes about making coffee. Etho puts some cream in a cup for Tango. Then he puts the lid on and hands the coffee over to Tango. Tango takes it and takes a sip. He tries to hold back a sour face and just grins at Etho.
"It's good.." Tango smiles more.
Etho's face lights up.