Flower Husband's

Scott hums as he sweeps the floor of his small bakery. No customers so far today, but that's ok, Scott likes his alone time.
A few moments go by until he hears the bell ring. He looks up and sees a group of firefighters walk in.
Scott puts the broom in the corner and walks to the front counter. "Hello! How may I help you guys today?" Scott asks and tilts his head.
There are 3 firefighters, a short guy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, a taller one with blonde hair and green eyes, and the tallest brown eyes and golden like hair.
"Could we get two dozens of donuts? It's for a department party today, " the shorter one asks.
"Of course! What types of donuts?" Scott asks.
"Chocolate, vanilla, raspberry, and pecan." He says and smiles.
"Grian, don't forget about Pearl's cookie. She will rip your face off." The green eyed man says to the shorter man, who he now knows as Grian.
Grian rolls his eyes.
"And one elmo cookie, please," He says with a smile.
The tallest one covers his mouth, trying to stop himself from laughing at the request Grian made.
"I'll get you one next time, Tim." Grian grins, and the tallest one rolls his eyes but laughs.
Scott smiles.
"I can get the donuts to you by 12." Scott says with a smile.
"Alright. I will pay you right here." Grian says as he pays and takes the cookie. "Tim will be coming and picking it up."
"Alright, have a great day!" Scott waves as they leave.

***

At 12, Scott hears the bell ring. He looks up and sees the tall firefighter walking up to the counter.
"Oh! Tim, was it?" Scott asks.
The firefighter sighs. "It's not Tim. My name is Jimmy." He laughs. "They just call me Timmy to mess with me,"
Scott giggles. "That's cute." Scott grabs the dounuts and hands them to Jimmy.
Jimmy smiles. "Oh, and could I buy myself a chocolate chip cookie?"
Scott smiles. "Of course!" Scott turns and grabs the cookie. He puts it in a bag and places it on the counter.
"That would be 1 dollar, please." Scott grins.
Jimmy hands him a 5 dollar bill.
"Keep the change. It's a tip. " Jimmy smiles as he grabs his cookie and walks out.
Scott looks at the $5 and smiles.

***

Jimmy returns at 12 for the next few weeks, ordering a chocolate chip cookie and a hot cocoa. Scott enjoys the conversations they have, and they have both gotten to know each other better.
One day, Scott starts making special treats for Jimmy to try.
Until that turns into Scott, taking a break at 12 every day to sit in the alley eating sweets with Jimmy.
They talk about anything and everything until Jimmy has to go back to the fire station.
This tradition makes Scott happy. He hasn't had a friend this close in years.
Jimmy starts bringing flowers. Poppy bouquets, to be exact. Scott shared that they were his favorite flower, and Jimmy would not stop bringing him new bouquet's every 3 days. Scott's bakery is filled with poppies, but Scott loves it.
This goes on for 4 years, and it has made both men very happy.
Until..

***

A call rings through the fire department.
"LARGE RAGING FIRE AT DOWNTOWN BAKERY!!! EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!" the l speaker blares.
Jimmy shoots up out of his seat immediately. "Scott...!" Jimmy rushes to the firetruck with multiple firefighters. They drive downtown as quickly as possible.
Once they get there, Jimmy's heart sinks. The fire  engulfs the whole bakery. But Jimmy will not give up on saving Scott.
Jimmy runs through the burning building with the other firefighters. The flames are getting higher.
When he reaches the door to the kitchen, he kicks it down. He sees Scott trapped in a corner. Scott is shaking and crying.
"Scott!! I've got you!!" Jimmy runs and jumps over the fire. Nearly getting burnt. He picks up Scott bridal style, and Grian rushes in, spraying water on the fire, trying to clear a path for them.
Jimmy makes sure to cover Scott's mouth as he runs out to the front of the bakery.
Once they get outside, Jimmy places Scott in an ambulance.
"Scott...we're there any customers there..?" Jimmy whispers softly.
Scott shakes his head no.
"All clear of people!!! But fire must be stopped!" Jimmy yells as he grabs a hose and starts spraying the bakery with water.
Once the fire is out, which was 6 hours later, Jimmy rushes to the hospital to see if Scott is ok.

When he gets there, he sees Scott lying in a hospital bed, and his burns have already been treated.
"Scott!" Jimmy says and rushes to Scott's side. I am...so glad you are ok.." Jimmy whispers.
Scott nods and smiles. "Thank you.... for saving me. You're really brave..." He says.
Jimmy's eyes soften. "Scott... truly...I couldn't bear to lose you.." Jimmy whispers as he grips Scott's shaking hand. "I will keep you safe...forever," Jimmy whispers. "Because...I love you," Jimmy admits. Scott's eyes widen.
"You...do?" Scott says and tears up.
"Of course... you have made my life so much better.." Jimmy smiles softly.
Scott lets out a sob and hugs Jimmy tightly. "I love you too,"  Scott says as he looks up at Jimmy. "Thank you for saving me,"
And with that said, Jimmy holds onto Scott and kisses him passionately. Scott reciprocates and grips Jimmy's shoulders softly. Soon, they pull away and rest their foreheads together.
"Be mine..?" Jimmy whispers. Scott gasps and nods.
"Forever?" Scott asks again.
Jimmy nods. "As long as you'll have me." Jimmy smiles brightly and wipes Scott's tears with his thumbs.
"As long as you'll let me have you." Scott whispers.
"You can have me forever." Jimmy smiles and leans in to kiss Scott once more. They stay like that all night, cuddled together on the hospital bed.

As long as they have each other, they will be alright.

****

Flower Husband's are not dead in my heart