Chapter 1

Killian's Point of View:

I woke up at nine in the morning, and my head hurt from the beer I drank at the pub last night. We turned 18, so I was with my cousins, friends, and my twin. When we turned 18, our mother said we were allowed to drink alcohol, but she also advised us to think carefully when we're deciding. I turned to look at my side table and saw my phone, medicine, and water. My mother placed these things on my table, so I grinned.

"Kuya!"

My sister urged me to turn toward the door. Our youngest sister is Audrey. Because of those people who are trying to catch us, we are currently hiding our 6-year-old sibling. I'm not sure where Scarlet goes at dawn, but she's not here.

"Why?" tanong ko. Tinignan ko ang dala niyang cookies. "I told you to not eat here right?" Nagtaas ako ng kilay.

"Tawag ka mommy," bulong niya. "Lagot ka."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Lagot? Wala naman akong ginawa."

She giggled and I shook my head. I lifted her up after drinking my medicine and walked outside my room. Tinignan ko ang ibaba at nakitang nasa sala ang kapatid ko, handa ng pumasok. Bumaba ako at naabutan na nandito pa si mommy kaya hinanap ko si daddy dahil madalas ay sabay silang pumapasok sa trabaho. 

"Good morning mommy," I kissed her cheeks. She smiled.

"Good morning. Late ka na gumising. Anong oras ka natulog?" tanong niya. 

"Uh around 2 am?" sagot ko dahil hindi ako sigurado. Binaba ko si Audrey sa upuan at agad s'yong pumunta kay mommy. "Nasaan po si daddy?"

"Maaga s'yong pumasok dahil may urgent meeting sa kumpanya. Kumain ka na at nakahanda na rin ang uniform mo para mamaya. Ganun rin ang mga dadalhin mo sa pangalawang araw mo sa school," aniya sa mahinahon na boses. 

Scarlett gave our mom a forehead kiss as I nodded and turned to face her. She kissed me on the cheeks. Because of the numerous assignments they had in Grade 11, my sister was upset once more, which made me grin. Dahil kailangan ni Scarlett na mag-training bilang susunod na Empire Lady, nag-stop s'ya ng isang taon dahil 'yun ang utos ng Emperor.

"Killian, I want you to guard your sister, okay? You know how she's been up to something, and you know how to calm her when it happens," mahinahon na sabi ni mommy. 

I nodded my head. "I do, mom."

She smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm passing you the responsibility, Killian. You know I've been guarding our palace—"

"Mommy." I held her soft hands and smiled at her. She looks so worried and upset, knowing all the responsibility is on my shoulders. "It's okay, and it will be okay with me. You don't have to worry, okay? I got this."

She smiled and nodded her head. Sinusunod ko lahat ng gusto at sinabi ni mommy sa aming dalawa ni Scarlett. She's the Empress of our empire at trabaho niyang bantayan at alagaan ang mga tao doon. Lahat ng responsibilidad ay nasa akin ngunit wala akong reklamo. I don't have any problem with Scarlett dahil kitang-kita ko na kayang-kaya niya ang sarili niya. All I have to do is chill, calm her when her red eyes show, and guard our family.