Part 5

Chapter Seven

Lincoln felt arms shaking him. He opened his eyes to see Connor.

"What?" he groaned putting his arm over his eyes.

"Dad told me to get you up."

Lincoln sat up and glanced at the clock. "It is only 7.30!"

"School today, remember?"

"Ahh" he groaned and threw himself back on the bed.

He heard Connor chuckle.

"Not a morning person then?"

"Not. At .All" punctuated Lincoln.

"Mum said we'll get you a uniform after school tonight but that you can just wear normal clothes for today."

Lincoln pulled on his jeans and looked in his drawer for a clean t-shirt. He pulled it over his head and caught Connor's gaze.

"What?"

"Nothing. Cool t-shirt. Just if you want something more school-like you can borrow one of my shirts."

"Thanks but might as well be comfy today if I'm going to have to wear uniform from now on." said Lincoln as he sorted his hair out in the mirror.

They walked down to the kitchen together. Everyone was already there eating breakfast. They both grabbed bowls of cereal and sat down at the table.

"So Lincoln, looking forward to your new school today?" asked Sam.

Lincoln shrugged. "It's school" he said passionlessly.

Sam took a look at what his son was wearing and frowned.

"Are you sure that is what you want to wear? When making new friends, good first impressions are important."

Lincoln raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm good, thanks."

Lincoln was irritated by Sam's comments. He was trying to control him already.

"Time to go boys" said Kat.

As the three of them walked to school, Kat linked arms with him.

"I love your outfit. Ignore Dad, what does he know with his short sleeve shirts and tight trousers" said Kat beaming.