Chapter 3 - What Happened?

( - TanqR POV - )

"I suppose I'll answer all your questions now, rather than later." I decided with a sigh. I sat down in a chair near the couch Kreek was on. "Well, first of all, I'm TanqR." I introduced myself.

"So...why didn't you eat me before? I can tell that you haven't eaten in at least a few days." Kreek pointed out. I winced.

Actually, I haven't eaten in a week and half... I thought.

"You didn't have to point it out so obviously like that." I said a bit bitterly. "But I just...don't want to kill you, for some reason. You're better than the rest of the RWMO members."

"I mean, I don't really want to kill you either, especially not now." Kreek agreed. A wave of exhaustion rolled over me all of a sudden. I closed my eyes for a moment, waiting for it to pass. A moment later, I opened my eyes again. "By the way, who was that rank 5 monster?" Kreek asked.

"Honestly, I'm not too sure," I admitted. "But I threatened them enough to make them stay away from you, I think."

"Thanks." Kreek told me, sounding relieved.

"Don't thank me. I'm just another monster that you humans have to slaughter." I pointed out.

"Well—no! That's not—that's not true!" Kreek protested.

"Kreek!" a voice cried out. A person in an Iron Man suit flung open the door.

"Oh, nice, I didn't expect to have a human I can eat come right to me." I murmured to myself, standing up. The ripoff Iron Man saw me, then seemed to get mad.

"You kidnapped Kreek!" they accused.

"Me? Kidnapped him?" I echoed, beginning to laugh. "Nah, I saved him."

"It's true." Kreek stood up as well.

"What? Well, no matter what this monster did, it's just like the rest. It needs to be killed." the ripoff Iron Man declared.

"You think you can kill me?" I taunted, smirking confidently.

"Stop!" Kreek cried out. "TanqR, don't eat him, and Lego, don't kill him."

"Ah, so your name is Lego?" I guessed. I would refrain from killing him for now, I suppose.

"And I'm guessing you're TanqR." Lego replied.

"I am." I nodded. "Kreek, mind catching Lego up?"

"Sure." Kreek agreed.

I turned and headed out of the room. I went to my own room, then grabbed my mask off the table next to my bed. I also grabbed a pocketknife and slid it into my pocket just in case it was needed. I didn't entirely trust Lego yet, even if he was Kreek's friend. Heck, I didn't even fully trust Kreek yet.

I walked back to the room Kreek and Lego were in. Lego and Kreek had both sat down. As soon as I entered the room again, Lego was on edge.

"Are you going to use the mask to stop our blood from getting on your face when you kill us?" Lego demanded defensively.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Nah. I didn't even think of doing that, honestly."

"Then why are you wearing the mask?" Lego questioned suspiciously.

"Ay, chill! I could ask the same thing about your ripoff Iron Man suit." I pointed out.

"Fine," Lego agreed reluctantly. "But I still don't trust you."

"Nor do I trust you. But I don't need your trust mate, so that's fine." I replied.

"Well, come on, Kreek, let's go back to the RWMO headquarters." Lego stood up.

"Kreek's injuries are too bad for him to walk all the way there." I warned. "The war zone is deadly. He could've died."

"He'll be fine. He seems to still be able to walk." Lego pointed out.

"It hurts—a lot." Kreek spoke up.

"See? I told you." I added.

"Fine. I'll go report back to headquarters for you." Lego decided. He headed out of my little cabin and used his ripoff Iron Man suit to fly away after closing the door behind him.

"Damn, Lego really doesn't like me." I laughed.

"I guess not." Kreek agreed.

I hope more RWMO members don't come. If they do...I don't even know what I'll do. Because Kreek will fight for them, and not me. That's how the world works nowadays...even if I kinda wish it wasn't.