Chapter 4 - Seperated

Tw: Blood/mentions of blood

( - Kreek POV - )

I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, breathing fast and practically sweating. I stood up and headed to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Because I was staying in a cabin in basically the middle of nowhere, there wasn't just a source of clean, drinkable water. So instead, there were a few packages of drinkable, bottled water.

I hate nightmares so much. I thought as I opened a bottle of water and drank a quarter of it. I set the water bottle down on the counter and put the lid back on, closing it.

Suddenly, I heard a bit of noise coming from TanqR's room. There were shrieks and muffled yells, as well as the clanging of...a sword? What? I decided to go investigate, even though I knew I probably shouldn't have. I hesitantly crept down the hallway. The closer I got to TanqR's room, the louder the screams became. What could he possibly be doing??

When I flung open the door, I noticed an unfamiliar RWMO member standing there, sweating as he tried to slash TanqR with his sword. But I could tell the RWMO member was low-ranked, meaning there was no hope that he'd be able to kill TanqR. If I couldn't do it, I know that this person had zero chance of survival in this situation.

"Oh, hey Kreek." TanqR commented as he noticed me. The RWMO spun around to face me.

"I found you!" he exclaimed. "Come on, before this monster kidnaps me, too!"

"Kidnapped?" I echoed, confused. Did everyone think I got kidnapped? Really? Well, I guess it's better that Lego didn't tell the full story—if at all. That would get me in a LOT of trouble. "I never got kidnapped."

"What? You traitor!" the RWMO member accused, glaring at me. He pointed his sword at me and opened his mouth to speak. Yet all that came out was blood, as well as a gross gurgling sound. The RWMO member coughed, blood flooding from his mouth, then collapsed to the ground, his eyes going dull and beginning to stare into nothingness. I froze.

"You're welcome." TanqR said. I just stared at him.

"You just...killed someone..." I pointed out slowly.

"Mhm," he replied. "So?"

"What do you mean, 'so'?" I demanded, taking a step back. "Does someone's life not matter to you?"

"Well, yeah, but that guy was about to attack you. And he was really rude, too." TanqR argued.

"That doesn't mean you get to kill him!" I cried out.

"It ain't my fault people are coming looking for you and coming across me." TanqR muttered.

"Wait...people are coming looking for me? That's why that RWMO member was here?" I exclaimed, in disbelief. Oh no. No no, no, NO. That means that...when people start coming here looking for me, it puts TanqR in danger. This—this is all my fault! I should leave as soon as possible. I can't stay here if it puts his life in danger.

"It's not your fault." TanqR assured me.

"Yes, it is!" I cried out. "I'm so sorry! I'll be leaving tomorrow, or maybe even now if—" I started.

( - TanqR POV - )
"No!" I objected before I could stop myself. "I enjoy your company. I don't got many friends around here, y'know?"

"But...what happens when someone finally reports us to the RWMO? I'll get executed, and you'll get killed immediately." Kreek pointed out worriedly.

"Let them try to kill me and execute you," I challenged. "They won't get far if they try to do that."

"Wait, what's that cat doing here?" Kreek asked as a cat walked into the room, momentarily distracted.

"Kreek, that's not—" I started. The cat, in the blink of an eye, shape-shifted into a human.

"I'm not a damn cat." the monster, who I recognized as KonekoKitten, said.

"Ah!" Kreek exclaimed, taking a step back. Koneko was wearing a purple sweater and long black pants, which helped him blend into the darkness more.

"I'm here on Devoun's orders." Koneko explained.

"To do what?" I questioned.

"To tell you guys that the RWMO knows. And they're coming. No one that stays here is safe." Koneko told us.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed loudly. I had to break off coughing. Koneko glanced at me, and I spotted disgust in his eyes. Then, he looked away.

Oh wait, that's right—I'm covered in blood, aren't I?

Kreek sighed and said, "I'll have to go. I can't stay here any longer, especially because you guys are...y'know."

"Just because we aren't entirely human anymore doesn't mean that we're horrible monsters." I muttered angrily. Kreek stared at me for a moment as Koneko left.

"...did you just say you 'aren't entirely human anymore'?" he asked.

"Yeah. So?" I replied.

"What...do you mean by that?" Kreek questioned slowly.

"Some of us weren't always monsters, myself included." I explained reluctantly, turning away.

"Are you saying you were...turned into one, somehow?" Kreek exclaimed.

"I don't like talking about it." I mumbled.

"Is that why RWMO is developing something to turn monsters back into humans?" Kreek murmured, almost as if to himself.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. "They're doing WHAT!?"

"Oh—yeah, they are. I never thought much of it until now." Kreek admitted. "Speaking of which...I could turn you back into a human. Then we wouldn't have the problem of—"

"No," I cut him off. "I'm not ever going to allow myself to be human again."

"What? Why?" Kreek asked, sounding confused.

"I just...can't." I replied hesitantly, sighing. "Besides, I've already got my revenge."

I smiled under my mask.