𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

•𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓•

"San...San, stop!"

Hongjoong's hand encircled his arm and turned him around, the young God used all his efforts to hide his tears, though it didn't work.

"SanSan...what's wrong?" Joong's arms encircled his waist, drawing his body towards his, the brown-haired man had his head lowered, the hands of the other God cradled his face gently, to take him to his chest and embrace him, letting the soft cheek of the younger rest over the beat of his heart. "What did Jongho say?"

San hesitated to answer, he was still hurt by everything.

"That he can't do anything...that I should fix it."

Hongjoong remained silent, San was trembling slightly from the effort he was making not to cry.

"Where were you going? Joong finally asked, but the God of All Beautiful didn't speak, hugging Sannie closer to himself to maintain control. "San, where were you going?" he asked again, his voice was so deep and soft and calm that the younger wanted to shelter in it forever.

"T-to the World Above...where I should be," he answered, his lip hurt from biting it so much.

"No, listen to me, you shouldn't go there," Hongjoong raised his face to look at him, those eyes that were so happy and full of sparkles were now were very far from the pair full of tears and sadness that he saw, it seemed that that joy had disappeared, and a bitter feeling rose in his chest, along with a tightening over his heart. "You're not going back to that place, okay? We can solve it another way, we can think of something else."

"But...your humans, and Yeosang and S-Seonghwa and-and you...and Jongho too..." he spoke between cries and stammerings. " And I-I... Since I got here there have only been misfortunes, only bad things have happened...everywhere, and I can't be happy knowing that others are suffering...can't you see?" He tilted his head, his long curly hair clinging to his cheeks, his tears, and it broke Hongjoong inside to see him cry. "And every time we're together you don't feel pain from humans but that doesn't mean they aren't suffering too...don't you think it's wrong? Just...hiding with me since I'm the cause of all this, m-makes me feel g-guilty," he added, taking a moment to breathe better. "In the end I would be the same as Wooyoung. I make others suffer so that I don't, and that's selfish and bad...I-I don't want to be like that," he denied softly.

"You're not like that, SanSan, you're not mean or selfish," Hongjoong murmured. "You're not like Wooyoung, by all the gods, no."

"So why does everything I do seem to be like that? he questioned. "Why does everything make me feel like I am?"

The other God did not have to answer, he wiped with his thumbs those rivers of tears that ran down the pink cheeks of the younger, who did not stop crying, no matter how hard he tried, his lower lip looked battered and very red due to biting so much out of nervousness, Hongjoong could not help but look at him, nor could he contain himself when he shortened the distance between those sweet lips and his own, kissing softly in small and delicate movements, not wanting to hurt him anymore, closing his eyes to plunge into the tickles of his stomach and get drunk on it. the vertigo caused by that contact with such a beautiful God.