~ Chapter 9 ~

Chapter 9
Saturday August 13th
Lennon's POV

"Uhm" I hesitated, still trying to wrap my head around that question. It's honestly been so long since anyone has even associated Harry and I together.

Back when he was in my life, I obviously was apart of the whole fame lifestyle that Harry lived. People knew my name, they dug into my life, and wherever Harry was, I was right behind him. Then he left. At first I was still very much in the public eye, people constantly asking me questions about why we broke up, and where did he go. All questions that I was trying to find answers to myself. Fans of his would still come up to me on the street wanting to know what had happened and how they'll miss us being together. Journalists trying to get statements from me for their articles about our personal life.

I didn't want to be bothered with any of it. I was already struggling enough as it was with everything that had happened, and the constant questioning and prying was never going to help me move on from it all. So, I deleted my public social media accounts and created new private ones with only people I cared about to follow. I laid low, I guess in a way Harry and I were similar, we both went into a form of hiding after we split. I focused on my school and my personal life, and Harry focused on whatever he was doing.

I stopped thinking about him. It took a while, obviously. It was a few months of crying myself to sleep, wondering what we did so wrong to end up like this, and the constant questioning over myself.

Did I not treat him good enough? Did I take up too much time away from his work? Why weren't we enough to make him stay? It was brutal, but after a few months of sleepless nights and depression, I accepted he wasn't coming back into my life. Harry and I were over, and there was nothing I could do to change that.

Little by little, I moved on. I stopped searching for answers in places I wouldn't find them, and so did the media. I liked to think I wasn't just "Harry Style's girlfriend" anymore. People haven't treated me as such in years, so it was definitely strange to be asked about him just now.

Lyanna's face paled and she stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. It's just I'm a fan, or was... a fan of his so I just got curious. I'm sorry"

"You're okay" I shook my head. "I'm not mad or anything. It's just... not something I really talk about"

"That makes total sense, I'm sorry" she apologized again. It was a harmless question, I truly wasn't mad at her or anything, and honestly if I had the guts I probably would've asked as well.

"It's okay" I repeated, and she nodded her head solemnly in response. The sandbox was then filled with awkward silence. The kids were all playing quietly, and my brain wasn't thinking of a conversation changer fast enough. I looked over at Lyanna and I could just tell she was beating herself up inside over asking what she thought would be an innocent question. I almost felt bad for reacting and hesitating on an answer.

It was true, I didn't really want to get into such a big conversation about Harry right now, especially considering where we are, but I could give her a little something to hold onto and hopefully help ease her embarrassment.

"I will say, that Harry was the same person off camera that he was on camera. Well, actually, obviously he wasn't a real war soldier or a superhero in real life. I mean, when he would be doing press and he'd greet everyone in the room, or bring food to work, it wasn't just for the cameras. Even when nobody was watching, he was always the most kindest, considerate, and beautiful person who walked into the room. He remembered the little things, and would always be the one to include everyone. Dating Harry was...genuine"

I caught a small smile easing onto Lyanna's face, and she finally tilted her head back to looking at me rather than at the pile of sand. "So he wasn't like hollywood's biggest, you know"