~ Chapter 51 ~

Chapter 51
Friday November 18th
Lennon's POV

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town" I sang the ending line to the twins, ending my broadway performance of wheels on the bus. They were both looking at me with smiles on their faces the entire time I did the motions and sang off key, which is probably one of my favorite things about being a mom. Even if I suck at something like singing, I can still count on the fact they'll still love me.

The twins were getting stronger every day in being able to sit up by themselves, and I was so happy that they're reaching new milestones and learning new things, but it was also bittersweet. Knowing how much they've grown and their dad wasn't here to see it. I'll just continue to celebrate it all enough for the both of us.

I did my own version of old MacDonald had a farm next, the twins fussing when I had stopped singing to them. I guess they really enjoy my performance. For the next little while I continued to sing songs and dance to them, and these are the moments that I love. Making them giggle will never fail to bring a smile to my own face, and I'm so grateful that if nothing else, I have my 3 little best friends.

I never imagined that my life would result in me being a single mom to 3 young children, and it was extremely hard but also so very rewarding at the same time. Every time Theo tells me I'm the best mommy in the world, my heart just melts.

"EW. Which one of you farted?" I made a face, looking between the two of them to find the guilty one. When I found the culprit, I got up and grabbed some diapers and wipes since it was time for them to have a change anyways.

I changed Atticus and then layed Delia down in front of me for her turn, and poked her little cheeks. I just can't ever get over how perfect my little babies are and how much of a gift they are to my life. Honestly, I think Hudson left them for me as a parting gift.

My moment with the babies was interrupted when I heard a knock on the door, and instantly all I could hope for was that it wasn't Harry showing up to plead for forgiveness again. I haven't spoken to him since I saw him at the hospital on Monday morning, and I didn't feel like breaking the silence now.

I left the twins in a safe space and peeked through the peephole, to be semi surprised when I saw my dad was standing there. Another person I wasn't ready to forgive.

I didn't want to open the door, but I couldn't exactly find a reason not to. It's not like I can pretend we aren't here, because my car's in the driveway. With an exasperated sigh, I opened the front door and crossed my arms over my chest. His face fell into instant relief that I actually opened the door, and momentarily I felt bad. He's my dad at the end of the day.

My brief regret allowed me to step aside and let him inside the house, and I hope that he doesn't make me regret it. Although now, I'm at such a weird spot because I'm done with the person that he was hating on and I don't want him to know that. I can't listen to any "I told you so". But he would also find out at some point if what he says is forgiving enough. All of it was up in the air.

I closed the door behind us and led him to the living room so I could be back with the twins, and I waited as he happily said hello to the both of them since it's been a few weeks since he saw the kids.

"Do you have time to talk?" He asked, looking at me.

"I have a few minutes before I go pick up Theo from daycare" I answered, sitting down next to the babies. I wanted to be near them.

"Lennon, I'm sorry. That's most important" My dad sighed.

I simply nodded my head.

"I just went overboard when I saw him here after what he had put you through. And it was shocking to see him here at all since he left without anything, but I acted inappropriately. I want what's best for you, and I wanted to protect you" my dad explained, and now it was my time to sigh.