~ Chapter 22 ~

Chapter 22
Friday September 2nd
Lennons POV

Yesterday was really weird for me.

Sitting across from Harry and having a conversation with him was strange. It was something I haven't done in a while. We used to sit at our kitchen table before Theo was born and talk about our day and crack so many jokes. Which then turned into us quickly eating our meals while they were actually hot as we took turns holding the baby. Or then it turned into nothing at all. Which led us to yesterday, sitting across from each other sharing a meal, except this time we weren't in love with each other.

I almost had to stop myself from launching something at him when he told me that he's been living in California. In the beginning I pictured him off in a different state or country, which I guess I wasn't wrong during the time when he was living with his mother. Then I stopped caring about where he was, and at that point he was back in California. Just miles away from his child.

It's crazy to me that he's been nearby this entire time, and he just now showed up in the last month. Why did it take him so long to try? He claims it's because he never heard back from me about some letters that he sent, which is a lame excuse in my eyes. How do you have the guts to leave in the first place, but you can't try and make it right?

I found it absurd that his reason for leaving is thinking that he was helping me. Leaving behind money doesn't cancel out the emotional toll I had being a single mother and trying to finish my last semesters of college. I didn't use any of it. Like I explained to Harry, everything that Theo has is because of me, the person who has cared for him and loved him since the day he was born. Harry doesn't deserve any of that credit, especially when I worked so hard for it.

I found myself wanting to ask him more questions, which isn't what I was expecting. Until sitting down with him yesterday I had not a care in the world about his life. I guess our conversation did open up some old wounds for me, which is exactly what I was afraid of.

Like how has nobody seen him for years? Why is there nothing on the internet about his new acting role? Besides Jeff and his mom, does anyone else know?

I know Harry said not to blame her, but I honestly feel a little betrayed by his family. I can understand them not supporting Harry's actions but still taking his side in a sense, but how could they neglect the fact that Theo is their grandson. It stings a bit, even if it wasn't Anne's decision to keep it a secret. I always assumed her decreasing communication was because Harry had no contact with us and neither should she, but now I'm assuming it's because she felt guilty for keeping it from me.

We used to have a really good relationship, so maybe through all the chaos of the first few months I missed her trying to hint at something.

Then there's the letters Harry was talking about. Harry was right. Shortly after he left I moved Theo and I out of the apartment the 3 of us used to share. Harry had left it to us so we'd have a place to live, but I couldn't stand the thought of living there after he left. Theo and I moved into my parent's house, which was definitely a bold choice, but it was easy for my dad to babysit while I went to class. He claims he sent these letters to my mom's house, but I never received a single letter while I was there.

The whole situation is just a total mindfuck.

I don't feel any more confident in a decision to let Harry back into his life.

I'm just hoping he doesn't drop any more things like he did yesterday.

The babies and I kept the house pretty clean as we've gone through our day. We spent a lot of the morning playing in their nursery to keep the living room clean, and we've taken two separate walks now around the neighborhood for something to do. Being outside was quite refreshing, even though it was quite hot out underneath the California sun.