~ Chapter 56 ~

Sorry this took so long... I'm with my fam for a few days and have a lot of homework this week <3333 ily guys

Chapter 56
Saturday December 24th
Harry's POV

I could not be more excited.

Today was Christmas Eve and I was getting ready to spend the evening with Lennon and the kids. Lennon and I had a long discussion about what the plan was for how we were going to spend the holiday, and shockingly enough she agreed to let me come over on Christmas morning.

However, I had a little help from Theo, who was eavesdropping on our conversation and walked in to tell Lennon that I should come over on Christmas morning because I bring good presents. He's not wrong about that one.

I think Lennon also knows that Theo is clearly missing Hudson around this time of year, and spending the holiday with just them might be leaving him a little empty inside. Having me there might be a good distraction for him, especially now that we're starting to form a relationship.

Hopefully, I can also help Lennon take her mind off of him. I don't want her favorite holiday to be clouded by sadness from missing him. It's the first Christmas since he's been gone, which is hard to handle, and I can just give her some help.

Honestly? I think she likes having me around again more than she admits.

I loaded the presents that I got for the kids into the backseat of my car, along with grabbing whatever else I needed for the night. The plan is to make gingerbread houses with Theo while the twins nap, and then go out and look for some Christmas lights once they wake up. Then I'll stick around to help Lennon put presents out and stuff like that.

When I pulled into her driveway, she was ushering Theo back into the garage so I didn't hit him with my car. He was on his bicycle just riding around.

"Hawwy's here!" I heard Theo yell when I got out of my car. He scrambled to quickly get off his bike and rush over to me to give me a hug. This will never get old.

"Theo!" I picked him up and spun him in a circle. "Hey Lenny"

"Hey" She smiled. "He's been asking when you were coming over all day long"

I looked down at Theo who was nodding his head. "I'm here now bud! Mommy said we're going to make some gingerbread houses?"

"Yeah! Let's go!" Theo grabbed ahold of my hand to drag me inside, clearly moving on from riding his bike in the cold. Leaving it where it was, we headed inside the house where the heat was on. "Hawwy, guess what?!"

"What's up?" I followed him to the kitchen table.

"Santa's comin tonight!" Theo clasped his hands to his cheeks in excitement.

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped, just as in shock as he was.

"I so excited!" Theo jumped up and down. Seeing him this Christmas is totally different from the one that I did spend with him at two months old. It's so fun to see him excited and happy about the day.

"Me too!" I agreed with him.

I asked Lennon if she needed any help, but she was fine as she brought three gingerbread box kits into the dining room. I sat down across from Theo, and Lennon sat next to him, so she could help him if needed.

We each took out our supplies which consisted of the gingerbread cookies, a giant bag of white frosting, two smaller packs of red and green icing, and 4 bags of different candies to decorate with. I don't even recall the last time I built a gingerbread house, but I was looking forward to it.