Moving : Part 1

Your father had just died a few weeks ago. You were still locked in your room and had hardly eaten anything. Your brother came to check on you. He slowly walked in.

"(Y/N). Hey, it's Daniel. Come on, you can't stay in here all your life," he said trying to get you out of bed.

"Yes, I can. Just leave me alone," you said covering your face with a pillow.

"Would dad have wanted this? He wouldn't want you to stop eating. You've grown thin. At least eat, please. Eat for me," he pleaded. You looked at him. There were tears in his eyes.

"I know. I just can't beleive that he's gone," you said.

"I know but, we need to be brave. You helped me at that moment. Now I'm gonna help you. Please eat," he said.

"I'm not hungry Daniel. You can't force me to eat," you said.

"No, I can't but, you need to eat," he said grabbing a bowl of soup that you hadn't eaten. He lifted a spoonful of soup to your mouth. "Eat," he said firmly.

"I'm not hungry. Can't you...," he shoved the spoon in your mouth.

"Now, swallow," he said calmy. You slowly swallowed as he lifted another spoonful. "I'm not gonna leave until you eat all of your soup. Now , open your mouth," he said. You let him feed you until it the bowl was empty.

"Good. Now that wasn't too bad was it," he said picking up the bowl.

"Well, can you leave now. I want to be alone," you said as you started to push him out.

"Not yet," he said," You need to take a shower because you stink."

"No, I don't care if I stink. I just don't wanna do anything," you whined.

"You are going to take a shower. I am gonna take you to the park," he said as he started the shower.

"Why? I would rather stay inside," you said.

"Staying inside in this dark, glommy room isn't exactly heathy, you know," he said as he dragged you into to the bathroom, "It will make you feel better."

"Fine, but just know that if it doesn't make me feel better you owe me," you said as you closed the door.

You took a long nice shower and got dressed in your favorite (F/C) sweater and a pair of jeans. You stepped into the living room and saw your brother packing food into a basket.

"Hey, you never told me it was a picnic," you said.

"Well, it never hurts to plan a picnic," he said. He finished packing and started to head out. He stopped and said," Are you coming?"

"Yeah, i'm coming," you said as you went after him. You went into the nearby park and your brother set a a blanket by the pond. He set out some plates and put out the food.

"Hey, I already ate you know," you said as you sat down.

"I know but, you haven't eaten much. Besides you have to be hungry. That soup wasn't much," he said as he put food on your plate. You started to eat as he finished serving you. You hadn't realized how hungry you were.

"This is really good. How did you make this? Since when do you cook?" You asked.

"Well, I started to learn when dad died. Mom became different. She hardly ever comes home early. There's hardly any food in the fridge. I've actually been stealing from the neighbors when I offer to mow their lawns," he said as he layed back.

"Why haven't you told me? I wouldn't have wanted for you to do those things. When mother comes home, I will talk to her," you said as you pulled your brother into a hug.

"I didn't want you to worry. Talking to mom will be difficult. She is hardly home," he said as you both looked at the pond.

"Well, for now we have to take care of ourselves, okay? I'll find a way to get food. Just worry your little mind to school, okay?" you said.

"Alright, big sis. Hey, do you want to play catch with the Frisbee I brought?" he said as he rushed toward the basket.

"Why not? This is a perfect day to be outside. Thanks little bro. You're the best," you said as you gave him another hug.

"It isn't a problem. I would do anything for you. I just don't want you to be so sad," he said as you released him from the hug.

"Well, look at me now. I'm happy, aren't I?" you gave him a big toothy grin," Now let's play catch."

"Great. Go long," he said as he ran backwards. He threw it and you caught it. The both of you played for a while until it started to get dark.

"We better get home," you said as you gathered everything up.

"Alright," he said as he helped you. You both walked home and talked about how much fun you both had. As you got home, you heard someone i the kitchen.

"Hello? Who's there?" you asked.

"Oh, sweet heart, you're here," you heard a voice in the kitchen.

"Mom? Is that you?" you asked.

"Yep, it's me. I have some good news," she said as she hugged you.

"What's the good news?"

"We're moving to San Fransokyo," she said happily.

"What? Why? Nothing is wrong here. Why move?" you said surprised.

"We need to start over. Staying here in Los Angeles will only remind us of your father. Besides the main part of the company is there," she said.

"I don't want to forget about dad. I don't care if the company is there," you said in disbelief.

"We wont forget about him. I know it's hard but, you can't stay in your rooom all your life. You need to forget about what you saw. We need to go on with our lives," she said as she tried to pull you into a hug. You pulled away.

"No, i don't want to go on. I don't want to forget about dad," you said angrily.

"We wont forget. We leave in a week. Pack your bags," she said as she walked away. You ran into your room. You couldn't believe you had to leave.

Part 2 coming up next.

love101penguin