Telling Stories and Starting Over

Y/N's POV

I woke up on the floor in Haruhi's room.

I wondered how I got there until I remembered that Haruhi couldn't sleep. He started becoming paranoid after what happened with Tadashi so I decided to sleep in his room with him.

It's been about a week since it happened. I've visited him every so often to just make sure he was still there.

If it hasn't been for Tadashi, then I would be dead.

Haruhi also knew what happened with Hiro and why he did everything. He knew that I hadn't fully forgiven him so he was also on edge about Hiro.

I got up and stretched.

After waking up Haruhi, I walked downstairs to make breakfast as he got ready for the day.

"What are you making?" I heard Haruhi say.

"Bacon pancakes."

"I've never had bacon pancakes."

"I'm sure you'll love them. Danny always wanted them for breakfast," I replied.

"Can you tell me something about him? You never really talk to me about what happened," he said.

"I dont know...."

I had always been hesitant to talk to him about Daniel. It still hurt to think about it.

"Please. I don't know much about him and I've always wanted you to tell me," he pleaded.

"Okay, fine. I think it's time for you to know. You're old enough and I think I'm ready to talk about it now," I told him.

I served us breakfast and sat next to him.

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything. From what he was like and what happened to him."

"Well, he was brave and caring. Our mother had always been with us until father died. Then she become distant and didn't talk to use much. She didn't come around and didn't even bother to answer our calls," I began.

"When we started running low on food, I took action and found a way for us to get money. I made a bot and went botfighting. I didn't care if it was illegal or dangerous. I just didn't want him to go hungry."

"Whenever I would come back hurt, he would always treat my wounds and scolded me for going. He was so brave for staying at home alone. He didn't know whether or not I would come back home. One night, I didnt."

"Why not?"

"I had gotten arrested. This kid had beaten me in a botfight and was rubbing it in my face. It was the first time I had lost and my boy was completely destroyed. When I heard the sirens, I decided I should help him since i had my motorcycle. I crashed it that night and we hid on the roof until they found us."

"I called Daniel and told him I wouldn't be coming home. He had already made dinner with what was left in the fridge."

"The next morning I was bailed out by this nice lady. She was kind enough to give me pastries and even offered me a ride home."

"Who were they?"

"Well the boy was Hiro and the lady was Aunt Cass."

"One day, after getting a job at the cafe, Daniel and I went to get ice cream. When I saw someone messing with my bike, I went out and Daniel soon followed. There was struggle but, in the end, they ended up taking him."

"What happened after?"

"I ended up getting into another crash just trying to get to the people who look him. Even after I was taken to the hospital. I looked for him. Already until I found out he was dead," I sighed.