Chapter 1: Mantle

"Mantle Five-One. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over"

Kai Blaze frowned at the voice coming from the radio, "I don't like this". Next to him, Ruby Rose looked around at the surrounding Atlas fleet with a tense expression on her face, "I don't understand. What's happening here?" Qrow Branwen shifted in his seat, with a frown of his own, "I don't know"

"But we are here," Jaune Arc steppped forward from the sides of Nora Valkyrie, Lie Ren and Oscar Pine, "We got the lamp to Atlas so, I guess we land and get some answers"

Kai: "Assuming we don't get arrested first" Weiss Schnee nodded, her eyebrows tensing slightly, "Kai's right. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship there's no way the security team will let us get anywhere near Ironwood" her eyes shifted down to the floor, "They might even take me back to my father" Yang Xiao Long exchanged worried glances with Ruby, and beside Weiss, their faunus teammate Blake Belladonna shifted uncomfortably, "So...now what?"

Weiss: "Winter..." Her eyes lit up as she brought out her scroll to contact her sister, "She might be able to help" Kai noddded and turned to Maria Calavera, "Okay in the meantime, put some distance between us and the fleet"

Maria: "You don't have to tell me twice" Taking hold of the controls, Maria spurred the ship forward once more, but not towards the floating city. Instead they headed down below Atlas, to the city that lay in its shadow.

 Instead they headed down below Atlas, to the city that lay in its shadow

.
.
.
~The city of Mantle~
"...we understand that these are uncertain times, and while that may be the case for the rest of the world, I can tell you what is different..."

The group looked out the window of the air ship as they sailed through the streets of Mantle, at the giant screen which currently displayed a public broadcast from the general.

Ironwood: "...The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That, is my promise..."

Kai: "General Ironwood..."

Yang: "He looks..."

Ruby: "...Tired" Qrow's shoulders sagged as he heaved out a sigh, "James...what have you been doing...?" The group watched the situation of the city below them. Atlas soldiers and drones paraded the streets, while the civillians moved around them with wary steps.

Weiss: "This isn't right. None of this is right" Just then the radio came live again, "Mantle Five-One, we have noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega-12 immediately, do you copy, over"

Kai: "Jeez give it a rest will you?"

Maria: "We're kind of running out of time here kids"

Yang: "We need to ditch this ship" Qrow nodded, "Agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time."