Chapter 13: Revelations

A/N: Okay, first things first, terribly sorry about the massive delay since my last chapter. Like I said, I got a temporary 9-5 job, before resuming for my final year of university so I haven't had a lot of time. That's unfortunate because my initial goal was to finish this book before the end of the year, and now it's looking like that won't be possible anymore, but I'll still do my best regardless. Let's see how that goes.

The meeting continued on as Penny Polendina, Kai Blaze and Winter Schnee all returned to the dining room, though this time it was only Kai who took a seat. Penny and Winter stood on either side of the door instead, seemingly removing themselves from the meeting etirely.

Camilla: "General, since the day you were appointed headmaster, there have been Atlesians who are skeptical of one man holding two council seats"

Ironwood: "Yes, which is exactly why we have checks and balances..."

Sleet: "We're supposed to, but lately you've been running rough shot over them, making unilateral decisions without us!"

Ironwood: "Councilman, I never intended to..."

Sleet: "What people intend and what they do aren't always the same, General". As the meeting got more heated, Kai turned his gaze towards Jacques Schnee, sitting calmly at the head of the table. At this rate it seemed everything would go his way. Kai began to frown, but just then the door behind Jacques opened and a faunus servant walked in to whisper something into Jacques' ear. For what seemed like the first time all night, Jacques' composure completely faded for a moment as his expression changed into one of mild panic. As an irritated Councilman Sleet called Jacques' attention back to the meeting, he cleared his throat and desperately tried to put up a facade, "Um, yes, I um, agree with everything, everything that was just said. No uh, no further questions...". Kai narrowed his eyes slightly. Jacques' expression up until now proved that everything had gone according to plan so far, so something must have gone horribly wrong to get him so rattled.

'I should try to look into that, but how? Leaving right now might be too suspicious, and quite probably disrespectful. Can I contact Ruby and the others to check it out instead?' Just then Robyn Hill spoke up, interrupting his thoughts.

Robyn: "I'm not quite done yet. You're afraid of something General, aren't you?". The General narrowed his eyes, "I think that's pretty obvious Miss Hill. I'm trying to prevent Atlas from becoming another Beacon. Another Haven."

Robyn: "Yet you don't trust your own council to help you? Operating in secret? These are the actions of somebody who's hiding something"

Ironwood: "I'm not hiding anything". Robyn smirked. She had him right where she wanted, "Let's put it to the test then". She got to her feet and walked over to the General, avoiding eye contact with Kai as she moved past him, "You're all aware of my semblance", She held out her hand, "Let's settle it here and now, General Ironwood". All eyes in the room fell onto Ironwood, waiting for his next move. The ensuing silence was heavy, onlyr broken by Robyn moving her hand even closer to the General and saying to him again, "Here and now". At this point it looked as if the General would have no choice but to submit to Robyn's lie detector.

"WAIT! You've got the wrong man on trial." The door behind Jacques opened suddenly and Kai smiled in relief as Weiss Schnee confidently strode inside, "I know who's been framing Ironwood, who rigged the election. And my father does too..." She turned to face him with a scowl, "...He's been working with him". With that, she dropped a scroll on the table, which expanded to show a video of Jacques Schnee in his office, having a conversation with none other than...

Camilla: "Is that...Arthur Watts?". Councilman Sleet got to his feet in exclamation, "That's impossible! Doctor Watts died in the paladin incident years ago!".