25 Suit

Kal and Bruce were sitting outside having their little picnic. It has been a few weeks since they visited Vandal. They were able to have their picnics as long as want. Kal could even go out if he wanted alone, but he still had a bit of anxiety.

Kal sighed, "I think I want to try my suit on again."

"Really?"

He nodded. "I'm a little nervous, but I want to do it. Maybe it will motivate me. The thought that I could still save people makes me happy, but still, I am nervous."

Bruce asked, "Is it about being important and the possibility of getting them hurt?" He avoided using the word 'killed'.

"Yes," Kal answered truthfully. "As a superhero, I have the responsibility to be better." Then he added quietly, "And I somehow have to get over this aversion to blood."

"I believe you can do it," Bruce said. "Just remember you aren't perfect. You aren't a god. You can only do so much."

Kal nodded.

Later, Kal decided to try on the suit for the first time in almost 7 months. He told Bruce to stay outside the bedroom as he took no time to put on his Superman suit.

Once Kal had it on, he looked down at his House of El crest on his chest. He remembered that it supposed to mean hope. He was supposed to feel proud of it... But he still felt inadequate.

He looked through the door where Bruce was standing, waiting. He went to the door and placed his hand on the doorknob hesitantly.

Bruce noticed the doorknob making a sound from being touched.

Kal gulped as he looked at his hand on the knob. He twisted it and opened the door to Bruce facing him.

Bruce put his hand to his chin as he observed the man before him. When he made eye contact with him, he said, "Hello, Superman."

Kal looked away and said, "Hey."

Bruce placed his hand on his cheek and caressed his face with his thumb. He asked, "Why the long face?"

"I don't feel like a Superman."

"You're a Superman in my eyes," Bruce said with smile that could move mountains.

"So mushy," Kal said unnerved.

"But the truth," he replies.

Superman smiled at the implications. He felt a bit relieved. He said, "Is that so?"

Bruce pulled him in for a kiss. When he pulled back, he said, "Yeah."

Superman placed his hand over Bruce's that was on his cheek. He beamed a smile.

"There goes that bright smile," Bruce said. He wanted to run his hands all over that tight clothed body, but he had to resist that urge. He looked him up and down. When he caught Superman's eyes, he smirked at him.

"Don't use that playboy smirk with me," he said. Superman pulled Bruce's hand from his face.

"Did it work?" Bruce asked.

Superman scoffed as looked to the side. "Yeah."

They stare at each other for a few seconds.

Then Bruce patted Superman on the cheek and said, "Well, let's go out some and fight some crime."

Superman's eyes widened. "Really?" He was surprised, but also nervous. "Are you sure you even want me to do that in Gotham?" He was referring to Batman always telling him not to interfere in Gotham business.

Bruce said, "Just follow my lead, and you will be fine."

And so for the first time in a very long time, Batman and Superman went out to fight crime. Batman was the one to take the lead and instructed Superman what he could and could not do. Batman still had to solve mysteries, so when he needed fire power, Superman was there. Batman instructed Superman to use his x-ray and super sight only when he was told to. It was to prevent any chance of seeing something that could trigger him.

Hands (SuperBat)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें