27 Good

Kal came home after a week of being Superman. He was surprised how much he was getting used to being a superhero again. He did have anxiety when it came to people getting hurt.

Bruce noticed that Kal came home at totally different times in the day. He guessed that it was expected of a superhero who covered what the police couldn't. Batman was a detective, while Superman was a type to save lives. They were different types of superheroes.

Bruce came to Kal's bedroom, but he surprisingly didn't find Kal there. He decided to check the bathroom and sitting area. Still no Kal. He could've sworn that he saw Kal arrive home. He heard something in the path of his bedroom.

Bruce went to his own bedroom. He found Kal on his bed.

Kal was only in boxers. He held all the covers to his chest and he slept soundly.

"Kal," Bruce called quietly. He crawled onto bed, not knowing what to do. He never has seen Kal in his bed before, let alone his bedroom.

Kal opened his sleepy eyes. He mumbled, "Hey, B."

"Hey," Bruce replied. "Mind if I take some covers?"

Kal loosened his grip on the covers. He mumbled, "Here."

Bruce pulled the blanket over him. He said, "It's unusual for you to come here."

"Yeah," Kal said. "I don't know why I decided to come in here." He scooted closer to Bruce. He laid a leg over Bruce's legs. He closed his eyes and smiled softly.

He was listening to Bruce's heartbeat.

Kal perked up as he said, "Maybe I should've put on a diaper with it being my first time and all."

"Don't worry about it," Bruce mumbled. He was close to falling asleep himself. "You'll be fine... Right?"

"Yeah," he said. "I didn't come across anything too scary that I couldn't handle."

"That's good," Bruce mumbled. "You are getting better by the day."

"Hey," Kal called.

"Hm?"

"Can we have a picnic together tomorrow?"

Bruce replied half-asleep, "Sure."

The two fell asleep swiftly.

Bruce was the first to wake up. He was barely able to sit up as Kal held him close to his chest, like he was a teddy bear. Bruce pulled himself out of Kal's vice grip and decided to go to the study for work. After an hour into work, Alfred came in.

Alfred said, "Master Kal wishes to have you outside for a picnic, sir."

Bruce looked up from his work. "Thank you, Alfred. I'll be on my way." He dropped his work and went outside. He found Kal on a blanket with food in containers. He went and sat down in front of him. "How long did you wait?"

Kal said, "Not long." He was fully clothed this time... Of course in flannel. "Glad you can join."

"How was your sleep?"

Kal said, "It was nice."

The two of them spent time together quietly. Who would have thought that they used picnics to help Kal to get used to going outside? The two of them enjoyed their time together as they talked among themselves.

After a while, Kal perked up and said, "Someone's in trouble. Excuse me."

"Go ahead," Bruce said. "Go be Superman."

Superman swiftly opened his shirt and shed his normal clothes to his Superman suit that donned the S. He flew away.

Ten seconds went by and Kal was back in front of Bruce back fully dressed.