13

chapter status: edited

C A L U M

We ran through the hallways of the hospital with our bullhorns(which I didn't know they actually owned, I had only been joking) and as soon as we reached the front doors, I saw the security struggling to keep the girls from getting in. Luke pointed to some plastic chairs in the lobby, and I nodded, picking one up and Luke picking up another.

"We'll take it from here, boys." I nodded at the security.

When we stepped outside, the cold London air greeted us, as well as about one hundred screaming girls. Luke and I placed down the chairs and stood up on them, turning on our bullhorns.

"Attention everyone," Luke called out, everyone quieting down,"Mikey and Ash aren't doing too well at the moment, um, car crash stuff."

Some people gasp and it sounded like one girl was beginning to cry.

"No, don't worry! They're doing great in recovery, and trust me," I looked over at Luke,"We're all slightly shaken up."

"So, I guess we could sign a few things before we go back in, but after that you guys will have to leave." I finally said, before Luke and I sat in the chairs, and girls came over to us, as we signed things for them.

"Hey Calum, could you sign my guitar?" One girl asked of me, and I smiled, before signing her guitar, and an idea popped up in my head.

"Can I borrow this really quickly?" I asked the girl, and she looked at me confused, but nodded. I tapped Luke on the shoulder, and yelled as loud as I possibly could, "Who wants to hear a song?"

Everyone cheered, and I smiled towards Luke, who looked at me curiously.

"Everyone take a seat, and if you want you can quietly sing along."

As soon as everyone got settled, I started playing the guitar intro to Wherever You Are, looking over at Luke to see if he caught on, in which he nodded at me.

"For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye." Luke closed his eyes as he sang the lyrics, the feeling almost foreign to him after a month of not singing, and I could tell who and what was exactly on his mind.

"You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door

I could barely hold it all inside." I knew that Luke was picturing him at the airport with Emma before he left, and all the memories just flooded back to him. It made me wonder what happened on the flight to Sydney, all of Luke's thoughts on that flight and how he had no idea what would happen when he got back.

"Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are." Luke and I sang together, and I couldn't help but smile at the girl's who were singing along.

We finished the rest of the song, and by the end, we both couldn't stop smiling, all the memories that were poured into this song flooding our minds.

"You guys did great!" The girl who I took her guitar from blushed, and I realized how cute her smile was.

"Wait, I just quickly need to write something." I picked up the pen I dropped on the floor earlier, quickly jotting my number on her guitar.

.

.

.

A S H T O N

I looked around the hospital room, and frowned. Everyone was so in love, so happy, so wonderful and content with who they are as a person, and I wasn't. It also annoyed me, almost. It made me wonder, how could you kiss someone three times a minute without getting tired of their lips? How could you hold someone's hand for more than five minutes without getting tired of their sweaty hands gripping tightly on to yours? How could you not get tired of hearing the same voice telling the same story over and over again?

And those were the things I sat and thought about for the days I spent in the hospital, until my nurse walked in, making everything feel alright, numbing away the pain of my thoughts with her beauty.

When she just sat down and we chatted, all the puzzle pieces fell in place. Every math equation that I couldn't solve in year 7 left my mind, because, somehow, she was the answer to all my problems.

She came in my room with a big smile on her face.

"Hello, Michael and Caroline." She greeted them, walking towards my bed.

"Hi, Kylin." I smiled, and she giggled, before reaching over and grabbing the thermometer.

"Open." Kylin demanded, in which Michael whistled loudly at. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth, and Kylin stuck a thermometer in my mouth. It took several seconds to beep, and Kylin took the thermometer out my mouth.

"98.5 degrees," Kylin smiled putting the thermometer in her pocket.

"Is that good?" I asked nervously, not remembering much about average body temperature.

"That's excellent! They'll probably clear you tomorrow, but for Mikey," She looked over at Michael,"I'm not sure what they have planned for him.

"Can you check with one of the doctors?" Caroline questioned, and Kylin tapped her chin. I noticed she had a habit of doing this whenever she's deeply thinking about something, and I found it quite adorable.

"I definitely can. I'll be back with the news in a bit." And with that, Kylin skipped out the door.

___________
___

A/N

I'm currently editing old chapters yay.

-mikaela