08

• Dedicated to anyone reading this tbh

chapter status: edited

E M M A

Rain pelted my window rather harshly, thunder booming and lightning striking. Thoughts ran through my brain, dancing from each side and tugging and pulling at my emotions.

Why did it have to be like this? Why had I made such a fool of myself? Why couldn't I control myself? Why, why, why?

Calum hated me, I'd pushed Luke away, and I had no friends to go to.

The way I was crying was a way that I hadn't cried in a LONG time.

The last time I cried like that was the same day Luke had broke up with me, which was ten months ago.

I was about to scream in frustration when there was a knock on the door.

I stood up and slowly made my way over to the door, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. I cautiously placed my hand on the door knob and turned it slowly. There stood Michael, ruffling his hair from the rain that had soaked it.

Michael looked up, his eyes meeting mine.

"I know we haven't talked in a while, but I just need to talk to someone." Michael smiled, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back, and pulled away when I heard sobbing. Michael gazed down at me, tears running down his cheeks, bottom lip trembling, guiltiness wiped all over his expression. I pulled him back into my chest and he sobbed into my shoulder, gripping on to the back of my shirt.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Michael said between his sobbing and hyperventilating.

"Sorry for what?" I asked, rubbing his back now. Michael pulled away, walking towards the couch and taking a seat, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"For not being there all the times I could've been." Michael sniffled, kicking off his wet shoes. I knew that everything I went through had nothing to do with Michael, but he just seemed so heartbroken I didn't know what to say.

"I just needed someone to talk to. I need help with something." He sighed and I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand, rubbing the back of it with my thumb.

"Tell me." I whispered. Michael took a deep breath and sat up straight.

"Well, there's this girl. She's so amazing. Her smile lights up the room. Her face is so cute, I just want to kiss it and cuddle her so close that she isn't able to breathe. I want her to feel protected and I just want her to be mine. Emma-"

"Stop." I cut Michael off, afraid of what he was going to say next. Michael gave me a confused look, and I took a deep breath.

"Michael, I'm flattered, but I'm just not the right girl for you and-" I stopped talking once Michael started laughing. Michael held on to his stomach and threw his head back. Now, I was the one with a confused look on my face.

"Emma, it's not you I'm in love with. It's this girl named Caroline." Michael managed to say between laughs. I starting laughing as well and Michael pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Since we're being completely honest about everything," I said, pulling away from Michael's hug, "There's something I want to talk to you about."

I knew I had to tell someone about what I had done, and Michael was probably the only person I could tell. Michael looked completely serious now, ready to take in everything I was about to tell him.