~.✧ author's note ✧.~

Hello my sweet readers!!

Ight, so let me give you some context for this story haha xD

So this is the royalty fantasy story that I've been mentioning casually for a while and that you guys have gotten really excited about. This story was actually never supposed to happen and here's why:

1- I've been working on about 3 or 4 other projects that I'm really excited about and have been planning, writing, and working on for some time now. So I wasn't planning on starting a new story.

2- When I started this story, I came at it with a couple very vague ideas that just all accumulated in a single day. They had very little connection but I didn't really care as this was just going to be something fun that I'd never do anything with.

3- Despite really enjoying the royalty fantasy genre as a reader and a writer, I hadn't been really working on any stories of this genre for a long time because of Silver Clouds, Golden Rain, and other teen fics and different genres like that. Buuuut I read three Keira Cass books in a row, and if y'all know who she is, you know that her main writing genre is royal fantasy. So I was on the kick and was randomly inspired!

So... then things got interesting xD

I got really invested in this story and every time I sat down to write, I'd want to work on this one depite my other stories sitting there and glaring at me coldly because I was ignoring them. And low and behold, suddenly this random story that was just going to be me getting my royalty fantasy inspiration out and over with turned into over 21,000 words, something that I was not expecting but could actually work with and maybe even turn into a main project.

AND THEN y'all got super excited to hear about it and read it and suddenly this was real xD

Soooooo, with all that being said, I just want to ask that you give this story some grace. It is much different than the things and style you've seen from me before and it all happened extremely fast. So there are probably mistakes and plot holes and inconsitancies so.... Please don't be uber harsh haha xD I just hope that it's something sweet and fun that you guys can enjoy reading and that I can enjoy writing.

Also, kinda off topic but kinda relevant at the same time (however that works xD) I probably won't have a weekly updating schedule for this like I did with my other stories in the past. For one thing, the chapters are a lot longer than my normal chapters, and two, I'm not sure if I'll end up staying as inspired for this story as I am right now since I don't have any plot or plans for it xD So I would really appreciate your patience if you're willing to give it <3

Thank you guys so much!! I hope you enjoy the story and that I don't disappoint you with all the hype I've accidentally formulated around it xD

<3 M.

(P.S. Shoutout to AlwaysAndForever0V for the name inspo for Larklind! She suggested Larklin and I really liked it but, me bing quirky like I am haha, I added the d to spice it up a bit. But it was mostly her!! Thanks so much Laine!)