~.✧ seven ✧.~

I woke up early, excitement buzzing through my veins like I'd accidentally drank one too many glasses of champagne

I woke up early, excitement buzzing through my veins like I'd accidentally drank one too many glasses of champagne. Not that I knew what that was like since Mother disapproved of me drinking at parties. But I was sure that if I'd consumed bubbles, this would be what it felt like.

The morning sun fluttered in through the sheer pink curtains hanging around my window and I pushed them back. It kissed my cheeks and I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful the day already was even though the sun had just peeked over the horizon. But every day the sun came up was a beautiful day to me, and the excitement of this trip only added to my optimism.

After having breakfast brought up to my room, I decided I didn't want to stress over the details of the day very much. So I didn't call Gentry in to do my hair. I just ran a brush through it and I made a small headband wrapped around my head and through my hair with one of my longer pastel yellow hair ribbons. Tying it into a little bow at the top, I looked at myself contently in the mirror. Mother might end up being disappointed that I didn't do anything special today, but I found I didn't quite care all that much. A simple yellow day dress and a ribbon in my hair was enough to make me happy.

I was nearly ready to go down to the Front Hall when a knock came on my door. I answered it tentatively, finding a young servant boy fidgeting in the hall.

"Hello, Highness," he said with a slightly trembling voice. "I've been sent to take your trunks down to the carriage."

"Oh, thank you."

He slowly stepped in and I directed him to the trunk sitting at the end of my bed. Though he was small in stature, he easily lifted it up and then left just as fast as he had come.

I gave myself one more glance in the mirror, making sure the slight wave at the ends of my hair were mostly tame, and then I followed him out.

As I was making my way down stairs, I intercepted Asria in the Front Hall. She had opted for a more casual style also, in a purple day dress and her hair up in a simple loopy bun. I gave her an elated smile and slipped my arm through hers. "Are you excited?"

She shrugged. "A little, I guess."

Even though she wasn't as vibrant as I was, it didn't dampen my mood.

Outside, Braz was already standing outside with Mother, who was directing the servants as they packed up our things. Braz looked just as charming as normal in a red, lace-up tunic and tall, dark leather boots. When he saw Asria and me approaching, he beamed. "Ah, there you two are. Are you ready for the best few days of your life?"

"Don't be dramatic," Asria deadpanned.

"Why not?" Braz asked mischievously. "I'm so very good at it."

She released a slightly amused breath. "That you are."

Giggling, I smashed Braz in a hug. "I can't wait to see the beaches again! I feel like it's been far too long since we've been."