Chapter 11: Humanity's First Victory (Season 1)

Flashback

Sasha: "C'mon, Y/N! You gotta tell her sometime!"

Y/N ate his food, struggling to keep a straight face as the group teased him for what felt like the millionth time.

Connie (teasing): "If ya don't make your move soon, I think Jean might steal your thunder."

Y/N (deadpan): "Yeah, somehow I'm not worried."

Jean: "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!"

Y/N: "Why can't you guys go tease Bertholdt about Annie, or something? At least *I* admit how I feel."

Mina (ignoring him): "Just look at Hannah and Franz! Look how much happier they've both been since they started dating."

Krista: "Guys, leave him alone."

Marco: "Yeah. If he doesn't feel comfortable with it, we shouldn't pressure him."

As the group continued to argue though, Y/N noticed that Ymir had been unusually quiet the whole time. 

Ymir: "You want my advice?"

Y/N: "Not really."

Ymir: "You mentioned wanting to take her up the trail sometime when there's a full moon, right? Well, the moon's gonna be full tonight."

Y/N (nervous): "I dunno...I don't think Mikasa's really the type to like romantic gestures like that."

Ymir: "You don't need to commit to anything. Just take her up the trail as a friend, then decide how you're feeling once you're up there."

Y/N wanted to keep protesting, but he paused and thought about it for a moment.

Y/N (surprised): "That's...actually good advice." (playful) "Who are you and what have you done with the real Ymir?"

Ymir (shrugging): "I'm just curious to see what'll happen." (smirking) "Besides, Mikasa snores a lot, and I figured if you two got together, maybe you two might sneak off every now and then and I could finally get some sleep-"

Krista: "Ymir!"

Y/N tuned them out as they began to argue. He always felt hesitant when it came to the idea of anything romantic with Mikasa, but he liked Ymir's way of thinking about it. Just commit to the activity, then see where things go from there. As soon as he finished his meal, he stood up to go find Mikasa.

Sasha: "We're rooting for ya, lover boy!"

Jean: "Tch, nothing's gonna change. Just watch."

Y/N ignored all of them, making his way out of the dining hall and walking around the camp in search of his crush. As expected, he found her working out in one of the fighting areas, dressed in shorts and an athletic bra.

Y/N felt a little flustered upon seeing her. Sometimes, he forgot to take a step back and realize just how beautiful she'd gotten these past few years. She'd gotten a little taller, her breasts had gotten a little larger, and she'd built up even more muscle definition. She now boasted a chiseled six pack, complimenting her toned arms and legs.

Mikasa: "Y/N?"

Y/N snapped to attention, hoping he hadn't been staring too long.

Y/N (smirking): "Bit cold outside, isn't it?"

Mikasa: "Trust me, I'm warm enough."

She walked over to the fence, grabbing her towel and drying off some of the sweat she'd built up from her hard work.

Mikasa: "Did you need something?"

Y/N felt butterflies in his stomach. Moment of truth.

Y/N (grinning): "Actually, there's something I wanted to show you. You might want to go get dressed though, it's a bit of a walk."