"how could you let a blind man beat you?"

Tecchou woke up with a start, having fallen asleep beside the oh, so familiar cold stone slate. It had become a routine for Tecchou. He would wake up from a nightmare, look around, desperate for Jouno to pat him on the back, and tell him that everything would be okay, but every time he woke up, no one was there. No Jouno, no Teruko, no Tachihara. Thankfully no Fukuchi. He'd lean back onto the stone slate, and talk to it. Talk to it, or him, for that matter, about what goes on in headquarters, according to what Teruko says in calls. It's been almost half a year after Jouno's passing, yet Tecchou just couldn't move on. He remembers memories, the happy ones, where he would be playing with Jouno, or Jouno would request a spar with him. He always won in the end, but Jouno wouldn't stop there. He's insistent, and very stubborn. Tecchou's more stubborn, though. Once, they were playing Captain's Ball, a team game. Technically, there were only two people on one team, so they played the most basic version. The team lineup was Tachihara and Tecchou, and Teruko was with Jouno. Teruko genuinely thought she had already lost, but Jouno was a natural at Captain's Ball. He could hear everything, the movement of the ball, where Teruko was at, and how far to throw the ball so that his teammate, or Teruko in this case, could catch the ball.

"Oi, why would you guys pair us up like this, unfair assholes!! I hate you!" Teruko complained, sticking a tongue out at the two men in front of her who were snickering away. "Sucks to be you~" Tachihara taunted, giggling away. Jouno huffed, beside Tecchou as they underestimated him, but he stayed patient, so they would be agonisingly shocked. As the game started, Teruko was extremely reluctant to throw the ball to Jouno, believing that he couldn't play jusst because he was blind. Finally, she threw the ball, and Jouno surprisingly caught it. "What the fuck are you doing standing there? I'm not willing to lose to that disgusting food addict."  Teruko whooped in happiness and ran towards the goalzone, as Jouno threw the ball at her with perfect aim. The game lasted for about an hour, and their scores were (tecchou tachihara) 6-16 (jouno teruko). "skakhdkshdkshsk JOUNO I HATE YOU." Tachihara fumed as he started kicking the floor with his feet. Jouno laughed sadistically, and replied, "You were the one who underestimated me, no?" Tecchou came up to him with a fond smile on his face, and spoke, "Good job, Jouno." That alone erupted butterflies in Jouno's stomach, and he could only respond with a soft 'thanks'.

They used to be so happy, together. As a little family of their own. No work, no dangerous missions, no Tachihara infiltration mission— everything was perfect. But Jouno's parents just had to start a war. And Tecchou couldn't even protect Jouno. "Haha, how could you let a blind man beat you?" rang once again in Tecchou's head. That was the last phrase that could be said so lightly, before Jouno's death. "Jouno..." Tecchou mumbled, wanting to let his tears flow freely, but there were no tears left to be spilled. 'Why did you have to be the one who died?' The more Tecchou thought of Jouno's death, the prince's blood all over his hands, the beauty dying in his arms, the more he wanted to cry. But alas, his eyes stayed dry. He couldn't continue living like this, but the only way he could truly live was beside his prince, his lifeline. Or rather, the remnants of him. Tecchou shuffled towards the tomb, wanting to hug it at that point. 

"Oi, Tecchou-san!!" Jouno screeched, eyes furious as he shoved a finger into Tecchou's chest (that looked wrong before i wrote chest 💀). Tecchou watched Jouno with curious eyes, not knowing what Jouno was upset with him for. Simply tilting his head to the side, though Jouno couldn't see, Jouno knew that the other male did not understand why he was angry. He huffed exasperatedly, before answering slightly flustered. "You didn't give me a good luck kiss before my match!!" He said it quietly, but angrily at the same time. Tecchou's eyes widened in understanding, before he asked, "Did you lose?" Jouno hated to reply, but he did anyway. He slowly nodded his head, and added, "And it's because of me." Tecchou frowned at this but didn't comment on it. He encouraged Jouno to continue. "I was too preoccupied with my thoughts— I missed you.." He admitted shyly, as his face turned a deep red. "I'm sorry, Saigiku. I won't forget anymore.. I missed you too." Tecchou peppered Jouno with kisses on the forehead, and Jouno smiled  in accomplishment, snuggling into Tecchou's shoulder. 

Those days were so fulfilling and wholesome, and none of that could ever happen in present. Their lives are full of sorrow and conflict, something the king and queen didn't even try to fix. It was better that way, Tecchou would rather fix the problem on his own. "Jouno, I hate your parents. I absolutely hate them. Despicable assholes." Tecchou couldn't help spitting out, and he was sure Jouno would be smiling if he heard. It wasn't a rare sight to see Jouno shittalking about his own parents, and yet Tecchou never understood why. Now he does, though. Jouno's always the one who gives them the smart decisions, and his parents are forced to use his methods, since he's clearly the smarter one out of the three. 

"Clearly, if I'm put on the team, we'll win! Have you been living under a rock? I'm a god at this, want me to prove it?" Jouno threatened his parents, though in reality he was begging for them to put him on the team. He was desperate, at that point. He was passionate about the sport, and he wasn't, absolutely was not, going to let his parents restrict him from Captain's Ball. Tecchou was listening to the conversation from outside, and he cracked a fond smile. 'How feisty.' Tecchou couldn't help but think, and soon after, Jouno emerged victorious. "I'll be taking my leave." He said, before stepping out of the room, to smirk at Tecchou. "I'm just that good at persuading." He laughed, and Tecchou replied with a "More like manipulating." They bickered all the way to the Captain's Ball training room, and the other members looked at the duo curiously. "What are you doing here?" one of them asked, and Jouno replied. "I'm a new member of the team." 

"Uhh— are you sure you're in the right training room sir?" the guy asked again, and Jouno was on the verge of slapping him. "Yes, he is. He may be blind, but you shouldn't underestimate him. I'm speaking from experience." The captain of the team then came, and challenged the two. It was unfair, a two versus five match, but Tecchou and Jouno emerged victorious. "Well, seems like they aren't going to get over that defeat any soon." Jouno smiled maliciously, sending chills down Tecchou's spine. "By the way, Tecchou. How could you let a blind man beat you, hm?" 

Tecchou responded with a sigh. "Whatever you say, Saigiku."

A/N 

IM SORRY I POSTED SO LATE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I FORGOT TO WRITE IT 🤡🤡 MY ALARM WAS OFFED