crack

He's gorgeous. His lovely, mysterious heartbeat, the way he breathes so shallowly, the tensing up of his muscles whenever he excercises— Jouno remembers all of it. Though unsure when he lost his eyesight, Tecchou had never noticed him, even from the start. They were in the same elementary school, all the way up to University, when Jouno lost his eyesight at around 10. Tecchou Suehiro was a blinder than a blind man. How he didn't ever notice Jouno was laughable about, but Jouno didn't like it. He had loved Tecchou for years, but he knew that Tecchou wouldn't even spare a single glance at someone like Jouno. He was popular, smart, handsome— everything that guys could only wish to be. And Jouno knew that he was probably straight, too. He's heard Tecchou flirting around with girls, but never with boys. And therefore, Jouno had given up hope. He knew Tecchou had a sister, and said sister actually knew that Jouno existed. They were pretty close, Tecchou having skipped a year and his sister having dropped two years down, therefore meeting Jouno. Jouno had helped her with her studies, and she moved onto the next grade with Jouno, and they've been best friends ever since. Maybe he should ask her for advice.

"Hey, Teruko-san. I need some help." He spoke, completely unaware that Tecchou was coming towards his sister at the same time. Said man decided to hide and wait for the blind man and Teruko's business to be over, not liking to invade people's privacy, but he couldn't help listening in when he heard his name bejng mentioned. Who was that stranger, and how did he know him? He wasn't too popular, only skipping one grade. The stranger shouldn't have known about him.

"Ah.. Jouno-chan needing my help? I don't think I'd be able to. Depends on the context!"

"God, drop that darned nickname! It's brought me nothing but pain."

"Alright then, Sai-chan."

"Ugh, no! That's even worse..!"

"Okay, okay. Spill."

"Tecchou's your brother, right?"

"Mhm, has he been bullying you or anything?"

"No, no, none of the sort. It's just that.. I, uh, may or may not like him." He managed to stutter out, Teruko gasping loudly when he did.

"Woah! I'll be able to help, no problem! So, what is it you need help with?"

"Well... he doesn't really know I exist..?" Teruko looked dumbfounded for a good 60 seconds before she spoke.

"Is he fucking blind? Haven't you been with him since elementary school?"

"Well, yeah. But I guess he's always been like that. Honestly, we only ever interacted once, and that was during a project. He was insufferable, eugh." Jouno made a face, and Teruko laughed, the currently in-hiding Tecchou offended.

"Back to the topic at hand, I kind of only came to ask what his sexuality is. I've heard him flirting with girls, but never boys, so—"

"He's gay, oh god. Tecchou fucking Suehiro, are you nuts? Why the fuck would he flirt with girls?"

"You do know that he's behind that bookshelf there, right?"

"... He is?"

"You bet your twiddly toes he is!!" Jouno burst out, not knowing why, but laughing anyway.

"What the fu– oh god..." Teruko started laughing as well, and Tecchou came out of hiding.

"How did you know I was there? And who are you?"

"Number one, I knew because your heartbeat and breathing are erratic. Number two, I'm Jouno Saigiku, nice to, um, meet you? I guess." Teruko chortled at that statement. Tecchou wondered why. Maybe because of how it was phrased?

"Uhh, okay? And Teruko, how would you know if I'm gay or not?"

"PLEASE, I'm your sister! If I don't know that, I might as well not have you as a brother." Jouno winced when Teruko emphasised the "please", the pounding in his head louder than ever. He felt like fainting on the spot, but managed to stay standing for a while.

"Teruko, you asshole." Was all he could get out before everything faded to black.

——time skip, four hours later.——

Jouno sat up with a groan, his head feeling like it's been sawed into half. It wasn't a good feeling.

"God.. what time is it? Teruko, wake up.." Teruko, who was at his side, woke up with a start, accidentally slapping Jouno's hand.

"Aaah... sorry for that and making you faint, Jouno-chan!! I didn't mean to.." She spoke apologetically, yet still not dropping the nickname.

"Uh huh.. fine. I'm going to come up with a ridiculous nickname for you too... Teru-chibi." Jouno smiled wickedly as Teruko processed his words, her face slightly lighting up, signifying her like for the name.

"Hehe.. I like that! Okay, we'll call each other those names from now on!!"

"Hey, wait..! I didn't agree to that!"

Tecchou was watching this scene unfold at the side, unconsciously smiling at their little catfight. Maybe he would learn to like this stranger, he thought.

Jouno Saigiku...

What an ethereal name.

CRACK