something that doesnt make sense

"You aren't to blame, Jouno. I am. I'm sorry for letting you down."

"No, it's my fault, you asshole! If I didn't drag you down with me, you wouldn't have gotten injured.. you could've died!—" Jouno insisted, poking Tecchou with his finger repeatedly. Even though he didn't show it, he was on the verge of tears. He didn't like being dead weight. He didn't like pulling others down with him, as annoying or scandalous they could be. "I wouldn't have died either way, Jouno. You're delusional. I'm not that weak, as a matter of fact, I'm stronger than you." Tecchou cut in, scoffing. And damn, did that cut deep into Jouno's pride. "I- I'm not delusional, it's just- ugh!" He stormed off, a tear slipping down his cheeks just as he turned to go to his room. And that's when Tecchou realised that he should not have said that to his boyfriend. He knew Jouno was insecure about his strength. He knew that Jouno wanted to be the strongest Hunting Dog. But Tecchou just had to be one step above. All the time. He regarded himself as the most disliked in the Hunting Dogs, which wasn't true at all. No matter how sassy or bossy he gets, the others love him anyway. Teruko and Tachihara think he's like their mother, always hovering over them and making sure they eat, sleep, do their paperwork, and more. And Tecchou thinks really highly of his lover, looking up to him and mentally taking note of his likes and dislikes, troubles and habits (stalker behaviour 🤡).

"...Jouno? Are you oka—"

"Leave me alone, Tecchou-san."

"..." Tecchou did leave. He had a foresight that that would happen. So he decided to send Jouno a text message instead.

Jouno received the message, but ignored it for a good two hours before his curiosity got the better of him. The message read:

"Jouno, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you delusional and weak, I know you aren't. I understand if you hate me now, but I still want to tell you that I did not mean any of that. I wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, I hope you forgive me soon and that our relationship won't be affected by this. I love you."

Those last three words melted his heart. He couldn't help the blush that creeped onto his face, feeling his heart race and his stomach flutter. Jouno had fallen too deep for this man.

It's 11pm, and Jouno's creeping into Tecchou's room, having been unable to sleep without his warm, comforting presence beside him. He was planning to just come in to lie down beside Tecchou for a while, and then leave, but Tecchou was awake. And his shoulders were shaking, like he was laughing— he was crying. It was the softest crying Jouno had ever heard. It was soundless, and Jouno was curious about why he was crying. But he realised that Tecchou was mouthing something, and didn't want to let it out. He was mouthing, "I'm sorry, Saigiku-san. I love you. Don't leave me." when Jouno came into the room, and Jouno couldn't help rematerialising and hugging Tecchou from behind. At first, Tecchou thought he was an intruder, alarm bells going off in his mind, but he soon recognised Jouno's familiar touch. He let out a sigh of relief, trying to hide his tears as he turned around to face the blind man.

"You... were crying." Jouno spoke softly, gently— as if he was talking to the most precious living being in the world. And in Jouno's opinion, he was. He held Tecchou close as he gritted his teeth a bit to stop the tears from coming, failing when Jouno started rubbing his finger in patterns on Tecchou's back comfortingly, saying words of affirmation and "I love you"s. "It's okay, Tecchou. Let it out. I'm sorry I was being so delusional."

"No, it's my fault, I shouldn't have called you weak or delusional or anything— you're perfect. I don't know what I was saying, I just didn't want you to blame yourself for what happened. You won't leave me because of that, though... right?" He said nervously, hesitantly— as if he was doubting his own words. "I would never leave you because of some hissy fit I've thrown." The mere thought of losing Tecchou started clouding his mind, and he broke down out of nowhere, burying his face into a now-calm Tecchou's shoulder. His crying made no sound, no sound at all. It was quieter than Tecchou's, and if not for that one sniffle that he made, Tecchou wouldn't have known he was crying.

"Hey, why are you crying now?"

"I– it's my fault we didn't meet all the criteria for the mission, and I- I can't imagine what it'd be like to—" He started trembling, shaking as he shook his head against Tecchou's shoulder.

"Hey, hey. It's not your fault, okay? It's no one but the enemy's fault. Come here." Tecchou leads Jouno towards his bed, lying Jouno down on his chest. "But—"

"It's not your fault, doll. It's not. I'm not going anywhere, yeah? Deep breaths." Tecchou hugged him tight, close, lovingly— he felt safe in Tecchou's arms. He felt so safe. Like no one could hurt him. It was just him and Tecchou in that moment. He wanted to stay in that moment. He wished it lasted. But he knows he'll never get to feel safe anymore.

HAHA TECCHOU'S DEAD‼️ new content because this time tecchou dies and not jouno