Prologue

It was sundown and a man was looking impatiently out the window.

???: Where are they. They should have been here by now.

A man sitting on the sofa nearby opens a flask and takes a drink

???: Tai calm down, they've only been gone for 2 days

Taiyang: that's the problem qrow a usually their missions take 1 day not 2. What if something bad happened to them.

Qrow get up from the sofa and walks up to tai yang

Qrow: they're all fine Dante and Lucina can handle themselves just fine and they have that V guy acting as there guide so they can't get lost.

Taiyang: I'm not worried about Dante and Lucina. I'm worried about that tree!

Outside a monstrous Grimm tree called a qliphoth grows, towering over all of remnant.

Qrow: It's fine the qliphoth is still contained in red grave city and none of the roots made it into the rest of remnant so they still have time

Taiyang: Why are you being so calm about this! If this...tree grows any more it could mean the death of us all!

Sitting in a chair nearby by a black haired woman begins to speak

???: I have to agree with tai. If that tree doesn't get cut down immediately who knows how far it can spread or if it can sprout more of itself.

As the three continue to talk a portal opens outside and three people walk out. A.man in a blue coat holding a katana in one hand and a cane in the other, a man in a red coat and a long sword stepped out next holding a gun case, and a woman carrying a huge case with a symbol on it.

All three begin to walk up to the door and the man in the blue coat knocks on it with the cane

All three begin to walk up to the door and the man in the blue coat knocks on it with the cane. Meanwhile inside a sound of a knock stops the talking and Qrow goes to open it.

Qrow: Vergil I never thought I would see you normal again

Vergil: it's good to see all of you again

Taiyang: what took all of you so long!? It's been 2 days since Dante and Lucina left and that tree is still there!