The Ship Is Sailing

They returned to the dorm and (y/n) saw an angry Velvet

(y/n): shit.

Velvet: where were you all day?! I thought you said it was only happening in the day?

(y/n): things happened. It took us a while to find the place and it took longer to get back. Besides, I'm here now aren't I?

Velvet: that's not the point! You always leave in the middle of our dates or you put them off. "Oh Ruby needs me. Yang needs me. Jaune needs me! I'm training with Pyrrha that night!" I'm sick of it!

While they were arguing Ren and Nora walked to the door

Ren: we're getting out of here.

Nora: You two coming?

Jaune went with them and they left the room while Pyrrha stayed behind. She looked at (y/n)'s night stand and saw the rose was almost fully wilted with only one petal still on it.

(y/n): I get it! But you have to know we're still kids! We have other things to do and our lives can't revolve around each other.

Velvet: if that's how you feel then why are you still with me?

(y/n): I don't know?! Maybe I tried to make this work. But now I see we aren't meant to be with each other.

Velvet: goodbye.

She went for the door and left. Finally, the last petal fell off the blue rose. (y/n) got angry and punched a hole in the wall. He then walked to his bed and sat down.

Pyrrha: are you okay?

(y/n): do I look okay?!

She went over to (y/n) and sat down next to him. She began to lean on his shoulder.

(y/n): *sighs* what are you doing?

Pyrrha: is this calming you?

(y/n): a little.

He started to cry a little.

(y/n): why does it hurt?

Pyrrha: what hurts?

(y/n): my heart. I knew this wasn't going to last but... Why does it still hurt?

Pyrrha was trying to find an answer but he just sighed.

(y/n): you don't need to speak. I just want you to listen.

He wiped his eyes.

(y/n): you're the best friend I ever had. Other than Ruby. You're the first person I ever met here and the first person to ever be nice to me. Ruby and Yang can playfully insult me but sometimes it goes to far. But you, you could've just not spoken to me or told me to go away, but you didn't. You let me talk to you and you talked to me.

Pyrrha: (y/n).

(y/n): what I'm trying to say is... I liked you. The same way you liked me. I didn't say anything because we just met. After you and I got more acquainted, I met Velvet and started dating her. If I would've known you liked me, I would've went for you in a heartbeat.

Pyrrha: I did make it obvious.

(y/n): and I was stupid for ignoring you.

Pyrrha: what are you saying?

He pulls her in and kisses her. Despite kissing Velvet the same way, (y/n) felt his heart racing. Pyrrha was blushing bright red and her heart began to race as well. He pulled away and started blushing.

(y/n): I love you. I've always loved you.

Pyrrha grabbed his collar and kissed him. The two stayed that way till they heard the door open. They quickly pulled away and sat far away from each other.