Anxious

*Rui's POV*

My heart is beating fast. She told me that she loved me. She added you're a good friend afterwards of course but it still felt good to hear. I park the car in the driveway and unlock the door.

- I'm home!! I loudly yell.

- Where have you been? my mom barges into the room.

- I-

- Unless you were studying at the library I don't want to hear it.

- Mom-

- But still taking my car without asking is really disrespectful.

- I wa-

- So tell me, Rui Kamishiro, what were you doing.

- I was with Nene at the wonderstage, I'm sorry, I say

- Phoenix wonderland is within walking distance. Why did you take my car?

- We picked up the props for our next show at the mall beforehand, I say. I'm really sorry, ma.

- It's fine, she sighs. Just please ask next time.

- I will and again, I'm sorry.

The next day I walked to school with Nene and met Tsukasa there for English class.

- Hey guys, How did you like the props I got? Tsukasa says.

- We were pleasantly surprised, I say.

- Really, how?

- Well we thought you would buy a bunch of non-useful stuff, Nene says.

- Exactly, I say.

- Now when have I ever done that? he asks, sounding offended.

Me and Nene look at each other for a few seconds before exploding into laughter.

- Nothing is funny! Tsukasa yells.

In fact he yells so loudly that people around us start staring. Tsukasa looks embarrassed and me and Nene could not be more amused. We start laughing again.

- Wow you guys are mean, Tsukasa whispers, trying not to draw anymore attention to himself.

- We know, I say.

The bell rings and we go to class. I sit next to Nene and Tsukasa sits right in front of us. Our hands are on the table next to each other. Really close to each other. I place my hand on hers. To my surprise she grabs my hand. She leans closer to my ear.

- Tsukasa is so tall that I can't see the board, she whispers.

- He's not that tall you're just short, I whisper back.

- That's not very nice.

I giggle slightly

- Rui, Nene, would you like to share what you were talking about with the class? our teacher says.

Nene's smile fades. She lets go of my hand and looks down at her desk.

- Nene was just explaining something that I didn't quite understand, I say.

- That's funny.. she starts.

She looks through some papers on her desk and slams a paper at mine and Nene's table.

- ..Considering you got an A on your last test, she continues.

- Wow an A! It's a miracle! I say.

- Nice try, you've been getting A after A after A in my class, great acting skills though two weeks detention for disrupting my class and lying.

She walks away. I look back at Nene.

- Thank you, she says, grabbing my hand again.