His heartwarming smile

*Nenes POV*

I was first at the stage. I was sitting on the bleachers as I skimmed through the script. I was really busy last night and didn't read it, so I figured I should at least know the basics so Tsukasa doesn't get mad.

- Oh hello, Nene, a voice says

It's Rui! My best friend for as long as I could remember.

- Hello officer, I giggle.

He just looks at me, smiling. Why was my face gelling hot? And why can't I stop smiling?

- WONDERHOY!! a loud voice squeals behind me.

I flinch and Rui starts laughing.

- Emu, you scared me, I say

- Sorry, she says, I just wanted to see the look on your face.

- You weren't gonna tell me that she was behind me? I turn to Rui.

- I didn't know that she was gonna scare you! he says in between laughs.

He's obviously lying but I let it slide.

- What's so funny over here? Tsukasa suddenly says.

- How long have you been here? I ask.

- I've been over at the stage waiting for you guys the whole time, he says.

- Well It's about time that we start then, Rui says.

I do the best I can even though I didn't read half the script. Luckily we didn't have time to go through all of it.

- Now, I've ordered a couple of props and someone has to pick them up at the mall, Tsukasa says right before we leave. I can't do it because of family stuff. Any volunteers?

- I'm supposed to meet Airi after classes, Emu says.

- I'm free, Rui says. Nene, would you like to help me?

My heart skips a beat when he says my name.

- Sure I'd love to help you, I say.

- Great! I'll meet you after school then, he says.

We smile at each other again.

- Alright I'll see you guys on friday! Emu says while stepping off the stage.

- See you then Emu, Tsukasa says. And I'll see you two at school tomorrow.

- See you! Rui says.

He turns to me, smiling. My face is getting hot again.

- Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Nene.

- Yeah see you.

I go home to finish reading the script, highlighting my lines. The last scene caught my eye. A kissing scene between the doctor and the.. policeman?! Rui?! I suddenly feel really.. nervous? I don't really know how I feel at the moment. I continue highlighting my lines until I eventually fall asleep.